Ideal world on watchdog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Now what's going on with these shopping channels, they of on need more control over these channels.
If you been naughty ideal world then they need to be fined heavily.

Not great for IW but i bet as many QVC customers could complain about poor service too. It was only 4 cases so IMO wasnt really worth being on watchdog for :confused:

I gave up watching the prog after a few minutes as like a lot of real tv it seemed to be more about the self important presenters than consumer issues. if its worth watching ill catch up on the iplayer tomorrow.

Must be more than 4 complaints.Oh dear iw yet another channel getting complaints, best to buy on high street and save our shops.

Weird moment on Q showing big 3D TV when up popped Ann Robinson. If it had been 4 minutes earlier there would have been the IW logo.

If they'd had had more than 4 complaints surely they would have stated so? Even if they did, it can't have been hundreds of thousands as they would most certainly have said so.

The complaints they did have were so wishy washy, one woman complained because she had had a refund and one complainant didn't even know what she had ordered as there is no such thing as a 'JoyTab Laptop'! It was hardly Auction World style where people were duped on what they purchased or left hundreds of thousands of pounds of out pocket.

I've had a number of items from Ideal World and never had a problem - I appreciate some have, but then no company will ever have a 100% satisfaction rate and we all have a tendency to complain but how many praise when it's due, hence we only ever seem to hear negative experiences.

Watchdog used to be a hard-hitting consumer programme.

Now it is just a comedy programme that seems to be aimed at young children.

A pity.

It's gone the same way as Top Gear, now just a puerile programme by 3 overgrown schoolboys.

Last edited:
I've bought a few items from Ideal World - the last one as recently as 2 weeks ago. Ordered items arrive faster than from QVC. Never had a problem but I do know that I should never call their helpdesk as it is likely to cost me a fortune. The most expensive item was a Bissell carpet cleaner.
I also like the fact that you can buy a return label quite cheaply if you are in 2 minds whether you will like the item.

the last few things i have ordered from IW have turned up very fast, i did return an item as faulty ,the refund was very quick altho they didnt refund the p and p initially,but it only took one email for that to be rectified. A couple of years ago it was a different story, they were appalling in every department.Their response seemed reasonable but obviously they still have a bit of work to do to make sure everyone gets a reasonable response to their problems.

I agree with stratobuddy - Watchdog used to have some clout regarding consumer advice etc but it is just a comedy show now.

Liked the last series when they went after a rogue trader and he said you are as bad as me - obviously related to the arrest of the motorcycle rider jailed for benefit fraud.

Wot i dont understand about Watchdog is when they revist cases because the people have carried on ripping people off, clearly Watchdog doesnt get any justice as these people seem to be able to carry on trading. this prgramme is a waste of our Tv license money IMO

If IW dont stop callimg us twice a day then hanging up after 3 rings i,ll be calling watchdog and ofcom !.PAIN IN THE A***S !:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I agree with stratobuddy - Watchdog used to have some clout regarding consumer advice etc but it is just a comedy show now.

Liked the last series when they went after a rogue trader and he said you are as bad as me - obviously related to the arrest of the motorcycle rider jailed for benefit fraud.

I didn't know about this, just looked it up now.

I didn't like the pair of them, it was so contrived.

Latest posts

Back