June's Gardening POTM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember when we were inundated with hellebores 19 months ago bough 6. one has flowered its white but still waiting for blooms from the other 5.in very good condition. using flower power on everything hope I get some clour from them

I remember when we were inundated with hellebores 19 months ago bough 6. one has flowered its white but still waiting for blooms from the other 5.in very good condition. using flower power on everything hope I get some clour from them

They may be the same ones that I bought. I waited for them to 'colour' my garden at Christmas 2011, as they'd said they would, but 2011/2012 went without a sign of life. Then suddenly, this February (so they still missed out on celebrating Christmas) two of them shot up from nowhere and are beautiful. They're far bigger than I expected (shrub sized, if not bigger) and one has loads of lovely white flowers while the other has a mauvy sort of flower in abundance. They've been flowering for weeks. No sign of the other four though, so I suspect they've either gone to the flowerbed in the sky or they're tunnelling down to Australia. :wink:

I bought 48 lavender plants from Thimpson & Morgan ... not from QVC though ... but havibg read some of the stories here and on past experience I went for the 48 even though I only want about 20. I thought a fair few wouldn't make it through the post, then a few more would keel over when first planted etc etc.

Well when they arrived one had escaped and was looking dodgy but the rest looked good. Each one was actually two or three tiny sprouts. I potted them on into trays of 24 small cells. The dodgy looking one rallied and now a few weeks on every single one is looking chubby and healthy!! Can you believe it?

What am I going to do with the 28 plants I don't need lol. And QVC ... they were £5.60 I think INCLUDING postage.

Latest posts

Back