Ann Dawson on the 11pm hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
Good grief, what does she look like? Long black skirt, tomato jacket, lipstick and nails to match , oversize black specs and straggly hair. What a complete mess!

Black trousers red top red nails black specs can't see a problem, at least it all matches not like some on Q.

She only needs a Bearskin and she could do sentry duty in Horseguards Parade

Whining old bag of bagpipes looked like one of those double postboxes you sometimes see in London! I think there's one outside either Kings Cross or Euston.

Poor Ann she always looks bad and sounds just awful. She gets so excited by any beauty product that she presents but really why bother?

Its the hair that really gets me. The blond long look drags down her face and the colour is totally wrong on her. Shorter below chin bob and a nice soft light brown. The blond look does nothing for her teeth.

I thought she looked really good in the Ken Paves feather cut wig and I would have thought that might make her consider changing her look. However it's the harshness of her voice that I struggle with, after watching her for a while I just have to switch off.

Please Anne do something with the blond rat tails.Colour too light ,not doing her any favours.

I think Ann has got stuck in time somewhere along the line. I think we all do the same ie find a style of hair and makeup in our 20's/30's and stay with it.

Not being mean but all the women at QVC are going to get older and will not be the youthful, freshfaces they were back when they started.

Jill Franks will have straight hair and a fringe, Julia Roberts long, brown and curly, Jill will keep her long locks and Claire Sutton her bouncy blond curls. I can't see any of them changing their styles radically but I do see that Ann needs to shorten her hair to uplift her face and get rid of the stragly, over heated ends.

She is slim and doesn't need to wear long drab skirts, look at Debbie Greenwood. She looks very well and I think they are around the same age? Debbie Greenwood did a kipling show a while back and had on a really brightly coloured strippy dress and you could tell she felt great in it. A bit of gentle coxing and Ann could be the same.

I think a lot of the presenters need a stylist to help them to dress better. Jilly with her spaniel hair style and those ****** awful off the shoulder dresses, Jill with her one shoulder fetish and Julia and her ****** toe post sandals. None of them instil a sense of fashion and considering they are trying to sell what they laughingly call fashion they should try harder.

I remember AD having chin length hair, BUT it was still poker straight and again did nothing for her, as it was flat and unflattering against her big face. She needs it short AND bouncy with volume. A lot of people have 'big' faces, Lynda Bellingham for example and she seems to get it right.

I think a lot of the presenters need a stylist to help them to dress better. Jilly with her spaniel hair style and those ****** awful off the shoulder dresses, Jill with her one shoulder fetish and Julia and her ****** toe post sandals. None of them instil a sense of fashion and considering they are trying to sell what they laughingly call fashion they should try harder.
I think a stylist might be able to suggest different things that suit them and get them out of the rut they seem to be stuck in. It is easy to stick with a certain look, but as you say they are trying to sell "fashion" and if they can only do one look on themselves then are hardly fashion experts and why would we listen to their opinions on the items they sell?

Ageing is unavoidable - we will all succumb, but bad style is not. When your presenting on TV - especially selling 'fashion' and beauty it's unacceptable. Q really need to seriously make-over their presenters, being well groomed is part of the job. I rarely see a presenter on mainstream TV who looks so badly put together, probably because they use proper stylists and hair and make-up people.

I thought she looked really good in the Ken Paves feather cut wig and I would have thought that might make her consider changing her look. However it's the harshness of her voice that I struggle with, after watching her for a while I just have to switch off.
I agree, she looked quite nice with that short wig, she should go for that style.

Latest posts

Back