Philip Kingsley a doctor????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
The guest on with elasticizer has just made a totally untrue comment. She said Philip Kingsley is to hair what a dermatologist is to skin. No he isn't you stupid woman. A dermatologist is a Consultant Physician who has first of all trained as a doctor before doing years of further exams and training to qualify as a hospital Consultant.

He's been a top tricologist for years, the haircare is a recent thing probably cashing in on his experience and fame in the beauty industry.

I don't know the precise qualifications you need to be a 'qualified trichologist', but would imagine that spending more than 50 years doing it, and having among the richest and most image-aware members of society as your clients, might mean that you know something, doctorate or not!

So what do you think of elasticer, Im considering ordering it, is it really as good as they say, or is the Ojon treatment better

Philip Kingsley looks like a tortoise! When he was on once I was worried when he leaned forward and held on to his Ken Paves style topper! loool! I wonder he does not put snake oil in his products! hahahahaha! I'm not convinced by the claims of many shampoos and hair products, since hair is essentially dead keratin with a bit of pigment. I have found that as I approach the big 30 my hair is dryer (used to be very greasy) but Dove shampoo with Argan oil or Inecto coconut shampoo / conditioner seems to help a bit. (I get them from Savers and they only cost a few quid). Not sure I would want to line Kingsley's pockets for his undoubtedly expensive products.

Of course! The only thing you were making more elastic was Philip Kingsley's bank balance. I hear he now has a Ken Paves topper for every occasion! Try St Ives Swiss Formula. I think you will love it!
Elasticiser for me was useless Lucy- loo, very fine but slight coarseness prone to frizz :mysmilie_476:

I don't know the precise qualifications you need to be a 'qualified trichologist', but would imagine that spending more than 50 years doing it, and having among the richest and most image-aware members of society as your clients, might mean that you know something, doctorate or not!

I don't think his expertise is in question however whatever he is, a medical doctor (with or without a doctorate) he is not.

Know nothing of his qualifications but he's not much of an advert for his products is he??!

No he certainly isn't. My friend's pet tortoise, "Torty" has got better hair than Philip Kingsley! Man has a head like a shrivelled walnut with a Ken Paves wig stuck on it!
Know nothing of his qualifications but he's not much of an advert for his products is he??!

No he certainly isn't. My friend's pet tortoise, "Torty" has got better hair than Philip Kingsley! Man has a head like a shrivelled walnut with a Ken Paves wig stuck on it!

http://www.philipkingsley.co.uk/clinics/trichological-clinic-london-team/philip-kingsley-biography/

In his bio it says he qualified as a Trichologist in 1953.... his age is not specifically mentioned but even if he qualified in his early 20s that means he's in his late 70s / eaarly 80s.

Julius - come back in 45 years time and we can compare how you've matured against a picture of PK - do you think you'll look any less old???

People age - it doesn't mean that the products they supply are any less effective.

Last edited:
Qualified where? How? What actually PROVES conclusively that his products are more effective than some Dove shampoo from Savers? What is his secret ingredient? Snake oil?! Hair is dead keratin. Anything you put on it is not going to make that much of a difference! I certainly can't see any real advantage in buying his products! Try Fairy liquid and see what it does! If you want to pay over the odds for some serum / shampoo from a tortoise-headed man then be my guest! You are entitled to do what you want with your money! Anyone with any wisdom wouldn't buy the products peddled by that wig-wearing, walnut-headed old coffin-dodger!

http://www.philipkingsley.co.uk/clinics/trichological-clinic-london-team/philip-kingsley-biography/

In his bio it says he qualified as a Trichologist in 1953.... his age is not specifically mentioned but even if he qualified in his early 20s that means he's in his late 70s / eaarly 80s.

Julius - come back in 45 years time and we can compare how you've matured against a picture of PK - do you think you'll look any less old???

People age - it doesn't mean that the products they supply are any less effective.

Last edited:
I've visited the PK london salon and received treatments there... I also went to a consultant dermatologist (he had published papers on subject)... the advice from both was consistent so I do have some faith in PK's knowledge.

As to the products, I use some and they are effective for me.

My point was not about PK's qualifications (or not) but that you cannot necessarily judge a product by the physical appearance of the supplier.

PK is a man of advanced years and I think it's unrealistic to expect him to look less 'old' than he actually is.

I respect your experience, Tiddly. But are his products more effective than products from Savers? As for hair - it is DEAD! Only the follicle is worthy of much consideration.One can either make some changes which improve blood circulation and general nutrition and / or replace the follicle. That's it! I still feel he's a snake oil salesman not that different to Lulu and her Time Bomb shite!
I've visited the PK london salon and received treatments there... I also went to a consultant dermatologist (he had published papers on subject)... the advice from both was consistent so I do have some faith in PK's knowledge.

As to the products, I use some and they are effective for me.

My point was not about PK's qualifications (or not) but that you cannot necessarily judge a product by the physical appearance of the supplier.

PK is a man of advanced years and I think it's unrealistic to expect him to look less 'old' than he actually is.

Latest posts

Back