Philip Kingsley a doctor????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

http://www.philipkingsley.co.uk/clinics/trichological-clinic-london-team/philip-kingsley-biography/

In his bio it says he qualified as a Trichologist in 1953.... his age is not specifically mentioned but even if he qualified in his early 20s that means he's in his late 70s / eaarly 80s.

Julius - come back in 45 years time and we can compare how you've matured against a picture of PK - do you think you'll look any less old???

People age - it doesn't mean that the products they supply are any less effective.

I've no problem with him looking old, he is old the lucky ones amongst us will be the same, he's not trying to flog anti ageing creams.
It's his hair. If it is his own he's no advert for his products, as I said. If it's a toupee he'd be much better without it, showing grey hair well cared for( if the products work) or even bald. That at least would be honest. As it is he just looks ridiculous & if customers are deceived into thinking it is his hair then they must wonder how he can promote hair products that either don't work or he doesn't use!

Well if I used fairy liquid or any other washing up liquid on my hair I would certainly be able to tell! I am sure others would too
I haven't tried the PK range because the bottles are too big, I like to change my shampoo and conditioner every 6-8 weeks

Don't forget Tricologists also deal with Alopecia, Psoriasis, scalp Dermatitis, and surgical hair replacement, it isn't just about the hair " strand".

As for how he looks, give the guy a break he is an old age pensioner and at an age where lots are not able to be so mobile or coherent, yes, some may still have their looks but if I couldn't have it all, I know which I would pick( and it wouldn't be the latter two).

My mate Mandy washed her hair in Fairy Liquid at Guide camp in 1976 and deeply regretted it.

Jules you've given us advice about hair, are you qualified to do this?

If PK isn't physician he can't heal himself.

I have nothing particularly against old tortoise head, and am quite prepared to believe that he has some expertise. I just don't see any evidence to show that his products are more effective than regular products at Savers! Nor do I believe he has any medical qualifications. This makes him a bit questionable. That said I'm sure he's better than old witch Lulu.

I have nothing particularly against old tortoise head, and am quite prepared to believe that he has some expertise. I just don't see any evidence to show that his products are more effective than regular products at Savers! Nor do I believe he has any medical qualifications. This makes him a bit questionable. That said I'm sure he's better than old witch Lulu.

Has PK claimed to have any medical qualifications? Why does a lack of said qualifications make him 'questionable'?

He has developed a range of hair products based on his experiences as a Trichologist - that is all... he is not claiming to have the solution to world peace or the common cold.

As to the differences / similarities compared to other brands... certain scalp conditions need extra care, just as any other skin condition... do you accept that some people have sensitivities? That some products are more tolerable than others?

You say you are happy to use fairy liquid or whatever on yourself - fill your boots... equally, others should also be free to make their own purchasing decisions based on their own selection criteria.

I am an intelligent human being and have bought many products over the years... for me, PK's Itchy Scalp shampoo has helped me immensely - the proof for me is evident. Had it not worked, I would have moved along to something else.

I don't undertand the venom directed at some suppliers... particularly in this case where PK has a record of working in this field for many decades (unlike Lulu).

I think I made it quite clear that I don't put him in the same class as Lulu. Very few people are as horrid as her! I'm glad Kingley's products worked for you but I don't see a great wealth of evidence to attest to his scientific knowledge.

....I don't see a great wealth of evidence to attest to his scientific knowledge.

The same can be said for most manufacturers.... on Q and beyond.

Will you be making similar observations after every cosmetic and beauty presentation? Or is it just going to be directed at those whose physical appearance you object to?

It will be directed to any manufacturer whose claims appear questionable.
The same can be said for most manufacturers.... on Q and beyond.

Will you be making similar observations after every cosmetic and beauty presentation? Or is it just going to be directed at those whose physical appearance you object to?

If all skin and hair in particular since it is dead, was exactely the same then we could all use the same product but we all know that we have bad reactions to some brands and love others. This is not the same as paying for the hype of Lulu and others but getting a brand which works for us
I have very thick dry hair which is kept in good check with nothing more flash than Pantene partly because I hate "product", they dont agree with me, so I kind of feel that less is more but do what works for you.

Just think of the lucky brand which would be the "one size fits all" - I'll take shares in that thank you very much!

I use the Philip Kingsley problems pretty much exclusively, and have done since I first tried it about five years ago. My hair has never been shinier, had more bounce or looked more healthy and behaved better. My hair is somewhat fine, it is repeatedly colour treated, is wavy and prone to filling out and curling up in humid conditions. If you were a fan of 'Friends' , think !Monica on holiday! Using PK none of these things are a problem. I have tried countless brands from supermarket ones to hairdresser recommended professional brands and, for me, PK is by far the best. I think we are all right to be cynical, especially when we are asked to spend a higher price for a product, but how do we know whether any claims are 'questionable' unless we try it? I've done this and am perfectly happy to say that PK products work for me.

I have had his shampoos in the past and they have been alot better than those you get in the supermarket. Alas with a little one I don't have the money now but if I could I would go back in a flash, as my hair has felt so much better and had alot more body to it. My hair is 'fine but lots of it'. I used to like using Elasticizer in tiny amounts on the ends of my hair after washing while it was damp, like I used to do with Aveda's Elixir, and that worked very well, although that is not the way it is intended to be used.

I don't think you could ever find one product to suit all. Everyone has brands and products that they like for one reason or another. I personally use Dove shampoo with Argan oil or sometimes Inecto coconut shampoo as this helps a little bit with my dryish hair. I am sure Philip Kingsley does a shampoo for dry hair too but I am happy with Dove and the Inecto coconut products. For my face I like the green "oil clear" Pears bar of soap and / or Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in one as I have oilyish skin on my face. For the body I like Original Mint Source Tea Tree shower gel after gym, or Inecto coconut body wash. As for fragrances, I like Creed "Virgin Island Water" (It smells of coconuts and lemons) or Dior Homme, as it is sophisticated and timeless.

Read the opening gambit to this thread. That explains the point clearly enough!
Has PK claimed to have any medical qualifications? Why does a lack of said qualifications make him 'questionable'?

He has developed a range of hair products based on his experiences as a Trichologist - that is all... he is not claiming to have the solution to world peace or the common cold.

As to the differences / similarities compared to other brands... certain scalp conditions need extra care, just as any other skin condition... do you accept that some people have sensitivities? That some products are more tolerable than others?

You say you are happy to use fairy liquid or whatever on yourself - fill your boots... equally, others should also be free to make their own purchasing decisions based on their own selection criteria.

I am an intelligent human being and have bought many products over the years... for me, PK's Itchy Scalp shampoo has helped me immensely - the proof for me is evident. Had it not worked, I would have moved along to something else.

I don't undertand the venom directed at some suppliers... particularly in this case where PK has a record of working in this field for many decades (unlike Lulu).

Sorry, not impressed.
Have tried Elastisizer, shampoo, conditioner and volume spray but don't think they are anything special and won't be reordering, but each to their own; my hair is fine and quite difficult so maybe if your hair is coarser it might suit you, that's where the 30 day MBG comes into its own!!

Ordered the Elastisizer Beauty Potm last year and still using it now and tbh have seen no difference at all , but im not willing to throw it away as it cost over £50, I wont be buying it again however,

Ordered the Elastisizer Beauty Potm last year and still using it now and tbh have seen no difference at all , but im not willing to throw it away as it cost over £50, I wont be buying it again however,

It did absolutely nothing for my hair so won't be buying again.
Lynn

So what qualifications does Kingsley have? He states that he "qualified." Well where? In what? At which level? To have guests strongly hinting that he is is as qualified as medical doctor is possibly misleading. He is likely just a snake oil salesman! If Uri Geller did a hair care range it would likely be no more / less expensive. In fact, if Helen Keller did a range it would likely be no different!

Ah there you have it: "Trichologists are not medically qualified." Furthermore it's a Level 4 NVQ course, therefore about as difficult as 1 GCSE! Looool the old fraud, having people on QVC suggest he is to hair what a dermatologist is to skin. HE IS NOT!!! Just an old man that did one GCSE and launched a range of shampoos without sodium laureth sulphate!

Latest posts

Back