Carolyn Pollack

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
It seems ages since she was on QVCUK, and quite a bit of her jewellery is at clearance prices. Any idea when she will be back? If you go on her website, www.carolynpollack.com and sign up for her newsletter, you get 15% off your first order which, she told me via fb, they ship to the UK. I think it costs about £9 but, as there are quite a few bargains and a much wider choice of ranges/designers, isn't that bad.

It's a shame if she doesn't come back. QVC also seem to be neglecting the fashion jewellery department, 320 items with a large percentage at clearance prices. Lots of the staple brands Joan Rivers, California Style, Buckley etc have all but disappeared. Lee Sands and others long gone. We're left with Bibi Bijoux, Kirks Folly and Butler & Wilson, with a transient smattering of Z list celeb efforts such as Arlene and Lulu.

Q are always bleating about the price of gold and silver to excuse their prices so I'd have thought a reasonable fashion range would sell well. I like fine jewellery but I also wear costume bling if it's a style I like. It'd be nice to see a bit more choice.

I like Buckley and the Frank Usher ranges, their guests are amusing and knowledgeable.

Maybe if the price of silver comes back down to earth, Carolyn Pollack (and Southwestern Silver) will return. Must not be profitable to come to QVCUK right now. So many silver-based jewellery lines have disappeared ... where's Treasures of India, Joseph Esposito, Tacori--gone, even Suarti and Taxco aren't coming around too often these days. I'm sure there are many others I am overlooking. I hope Carolyn comes back, she's been on QVCuk for years. Sad to see her and others drift away. Even QVCuk's own line using silver w/opaque stones doesn't come around much at all and Diamonique, although still appearing, doesn't come around like it once did.

Anyway QVCuk is rather dull these days which is good in a way. Saving some money and using my time for other things.

I've not seen that "lively" canadian man for a while - I think his silver range was called Chateau D'Argent ?

Got a reply from the Q,and she won't be on in the next 4 weeks. Talk about stating the obvious - I had already checked the tv schedule online. My actual question was: will she be returning to QVCUK? None the wiser, then!

Well I've looked for Joe Esposito on QVCuk and all the stuff is on clearance and unable to find anything new that is not a year or more old. All his stuff is in clearance. Both Tacori and others are not coming around as often as they once did. Very few jewellery lines with silver or gold seem to be on air these days ... lots of fashion ... it's sad really. QVC needs to get creative and work to keep the good stuff (but 'good stuff' is in the eye of the viewer)

I think gems tv offers such competitive prices on rare gemstone jewellery, mounted in a precious metal, that the Q cannot compete. From a business angle it makes better financial sense, therefore, to use the airtime to showcase product areas, in which they have the monopoly.

Got a reply from the Q,and she won't be on in the next 4 weeks. Talk about stating the obvious - I had already checked the tv schedule online. My actual question was: will she be returning to QVCUK? None the wiser, then!

Louise, I received the same reply after I had received the following email, in late Feb 2013, from Lawrence at CP:

Unfortunately our shows have been put on hold and currently we do not have any upcoming visits/shows. My apologies for any inconvenience. Thank you

Hope that helps. Jay

Latest posts

Back