QVC TV Guide

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharon-s

Registered Shopper
I was wondering if anyone had received a TV guide with their orders recently. I have bought a few things this month and none of them have come with TV guides. It used to be the odd one but not this many. I had noticed on the previous ones I had had that the guide was only on 3 pages instead of 4.

I have noticed that too. Another cost cutting exercise or maybe they don't book guests for shows so far in adance any more.

They are not sending the paper guides anymore, trying to reduce their carbon footprint so they say!!

They are not sending the paper guides anymore, trying to reduce their carbon footprint so they say!!

well, they are their own worst enemy! I relied on those. yes I can check online or even print my own copy, but why would I? without the paper guide I have no idea which of the few shows that I really like are coming on, so they are probably losing sales as I watch very very little these days.

well, they are their own worst enemy! I relied on those. yes I can check online or even print my own copy, but why would I? without the paper guide I have no idea which of the few shows that I really like are coming on, so they are probably losing sales as I watch very very little these days.

And people who don't have internet access will have relied on them too.

This one came up on their FB page. Someone said their mum depended on it as she did not have the internet.

Another pulled them up about the carbon footprint with the size of the packaging they send some very small items in. QVC replied they had to make sure the products were well packed to withstand shipping.

I actually suggest why didn't they do what QVC US do and have an Insider magazine, you subscribe a small amount and it give you TV schedule and upcoming TSVs every month.

I remember years back they do a mag you subscribed to, but it was slightly different with clearance items etc before they hit teletex and the web.

Okay who remembers it and who subscribed????? I remember CS trying to push it everytime you phoned up.

Didn't know they had stopped them, as don't always get one anyway. Quite like them as I ring round the shows I want to watch, as I don't always want to go online to find out.

This one came up on their FB page. Someone said their mum depended on it as she did not have the internet.

Another pulled them up about the carbon footprint with the size of the packaging they send some very small items in. QVC replied they had to make sure the products were well packed to withstand shipping.

I actually suggest why didn't they do what QVC US do and have an Insider magazine, you subscribe a small amount and it give you TV schedule and upcoming TSVs every month.

I remember years back they do a mag you subscribed to, but it was slightly different with clearance items etc before they hit teletex and the web.

Okay who remembers it and who subscribed????? I remember CS trying to push it everytime you phoned up.

Yes, I remember it Donna but never subscribed!

I haven't ordered much at all over recent months but had noticed the Guide was missing out of the last couple of parcels. I rather liked it too, it was nice just to pick up and glance through rather than having to use the computer.

I rarely looked at the paper copy or the web guide, I find it more convenient to check on the channel listings on my TV, it gives a week ahead

I will miss the paper guide. I rarely log on to my computer as I tend to use my phone. The paper guide was handy and in the days there were loads of shows I wanted to watch my guide used to have circles drawn all over it.

I won't miss the paper schedule because 1) I can look on the TV if I need to and 2) the TSVs are very 'samey' and predictable with regards to the brands being aired, so I rarely bother to stay up to watch them. Mind you, I hardly ever watch a full show on QVC now anyway ........ and I've saved money. :smile:

I vaguely remember the Insider mag but don't remember paying for it; maybe I had a free trial. Do find it strange though that QVC even 'ration' their newsletter and can't understand why - it's a marketing tool, so would have thought they would want as wide an audience as possible.

Yes The Londoners, I got a free one to see how it worked. Of course the one they sent all the clearance offers had gone. LOL

But then knowing QVC's delivery the Insider would sit In Process for the month it was due and arrive late.

Latest posts

Back