QVC skincare - recommendations please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could have your advice on which QVC skincare brand to try next please? I need to move up a step to stronger anti-ageing I think. I am looking for something that's going to make my skin firmer, or at least give the appearance as we all know there isn't anything on the market that performs miracles!!! :giggle:

I was looking at the TSV yesterday but it was late and I didn't have enough time to do any research. I also stumbled across a Prai set that looked quite good, it has the throat gel in.

Has anyone used anything that has this kind of effect? Thanks in advance :wink:

My recommendation would be to look at Emma Hardie's range and Strivectin.
Emma's last TSV is still available and is value for money.
The reviews are quite good too
http://www.qvcuk.com/Emma-Hardie-3-...ER-_-2&relType=INTELLIGENTOFFER&refLocation=2

As for Strivectin, it can be found in TK Maxx at affordable prices, I saw a mini set for £12.99, well, it was more a micro set.

But as we are all different it's really hard to recommend any brand.

I wouldn't bother with Prai. I got some at the beauty bash and it was rubbish.

Judith Williams is a more affordable range that seems to work very well. The packaging is not fancy but you get a lot of product for your money.If you are under 40 I would go for the phytomineral or the Diamagen if you are over 40 go for Life Long Beauty. You can get a duo of the neck and decollete cream for almost the price of one. The TSV is still available and I would have kept mine if it had arrived intact (rose mask tube had a crack in it)

I also echo Marina. Emma Hardie products are lovely. I can personally reccommend the Moringa Balm, the eye serum and the serum. I still use the balm and the eye serum for coming up to 18 months now and love them. I use those with Judith Williams creams and serums.

It's mind blowing isn't it? A different range almost every day promising miracles! I am trying the Judith Williams TSV at the moment & I have the double tubs of the neck cream.I am in my 60's so am really concentrating on having the clearest skin I can as anything else lifting etc. would be down to surgery.The JW neck cream ( Lifelong Beauty) I really like---- my skin slurps it up and immediately feels ( & stays hydrated) so for me that's a winner.The Lifelong Day & night creams are rich--- maybe too much for the Day? as is the Oil.The only cleanser & Toner I will use is Liz Earle.I love C&P for the way it removes all makeup including eye in 1 east step.I have used Elemis, Gatineau , Decleor in the past which I have liked but when you come to spend up to £100 to replace products I drew the line.

I wouldn't bother with Prai. I got some at the beauty bash and it was rubbish.

Judith Williams is a more affordable range that seems to work very well. The packaging is not fancy but you get a lot of product for your money.If you are under 40 I would go for the phytomineral or the Diamagen if you are over 40 go for Life Long Beauty. You can get a duo of the neck and decollete cream for almost the price of one. The TSV is still available and I would have kept mine if it had arrived intact (rose mask tube had a crack in it)

I also echo Marina. Emma Hardie products are lovely. I can personally reccommend the Moringa Balm, the eye serum and the serum. I still use the balm and the eye serum for coming up to 18 months now and love them. I use those with Judith Williams creams and serums.

I wouldn't bother with Prai either, I don't find Cathy the ambassador trustworthy, however looks can be deceiving, it took me a while to try EH and I did only because recommendations on this forum and never looked back. I just hope that Emma does't fiddle with her formulas in future.
From the recent EH TSV I find the night cream and the age support cream are good, I used the night cream before and it's really plumping, and the necklace lines started to iron out, as for the age support I only tried in once and it was good but I've not used it long enough to fully appreciate it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with any of it just go to ASDA and buy some of their espa range it's far cheaper and does exactly the same job as any of these so called designer ranges.

My best beauty buy recently is Bottle o Butter as recommended in the Sunday Times Style Mag last weekend. I ordered some on Monday it came on Wednesday at 8am it was only £1.69 plus P&P and I love it. Unfortunately I think it's sold out in must of the outlets that sell it on line.

Marks&Spencer's own skincare ranges are excellent and affordable.

Its really horses for courses, we will all give you different recommendations.

What suits one will not suit someone else. Remember at the end of the day nothing will get rid of wrinkles or natural ageing.

Decleor Prolagene and Experience and (especially) Excellence de l'age seem to improve the firmness of my skin.

I agree that it's all down to what suits you, plus nothing will turn back time, no matter what they promise!
LE C&P is the one QVC purchase I really have not bettered. Some of the Aldi skincare range is hard to beat and is remarkably similar to Judith Williams in packaging etc- both from Germany! I also love Lush skin and hair care products- they really do work for me.

Save your money. Go to a large store and ask at well known beauty stands for samples of anything they have for anti ageing, Clinique, Clarins, Estee Lauder, YSL all give samples in my local Debenhams. Try them all, it will cost you nothing, will save costly mistakes and p and p. And don`t think the more you pay then the better it is, Nspa , Boots, Superdrug, Marks etc all sell little gems which are worth using and at a fraction of the price. Nothing will work miracles but Q sells plenty of hype in a jar !

I like Prai! Got a TSV once and a few other bits, they don't appear to do much but they smell nice, like clean washing. I've had worse! Hardly glowing praise I know. Emma Hardie stuff is v nice, I have repurchased pretty much all of her products, the foaming wash is laaahvly as is the moringa balm. I just slather on what's handy and hope for the best. Like pretty much everyone else I have days I think I look dreadful and days I think I am doing OK and none of it seems to be down to what I've used/are using. Sarah Chapman overnight facial is v nice too. As you can tell smell is important to be in a product, while others would be put off by the heavily-scented jasmine of the Overnight stuff. At the moment I have no new wrinkles, but 2 spots? That's either the skin bliss capsule, the Lindor hearts, or bad luck!

Latest posts

Back