Mark West leaves QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had to chuckle at the earlier list of Presenter's Rooms. Even back in 2008 comments were being made on Julia R being a 'small', and Huntley's style whichever the wind's blowing. Shows none of us are wrong on our observations.

I quite like the guy who has been representing various jewellery brands recently .He did the turquoise show with Julia.I never get names but he looked familiar like an actor . He knew his stuff .Julia was more about how wonderful it looked on her with her tan.

Think you are referring to Lee Clark
Here he is with none other than QVC's Kipling guest Marie Francoise Wolff :mysmilie_13:

https://vimeo.com/202672635

Others will fill in more details as I do think he's worked on a few shopping channels

I first saw him years ago whilst channel surfing I think it was on Gems TV, but like you was unaware of his name.
Then sometime later, there was a very public spilt of ex Gadget Show presenter Pollyanna Woodward to her hubby Lee Clark, the said same guy I'd seen on Gems.
She's now gone on to remarry the golfer Paul Casey and has a child.
In my eyes he does have a look of Lee, as for him re marrying I don't know, I've just seen him appear of late on QVC.

Hope that helps a little to put a name to a face Turandot

:happy:

That's interesting D/Girl !

I remember Lee from his days on the jewellery channel. There are loads of these 'one trick' ponies under various 'management agencies', and are available to flog battery lights on QVC (aka Gill Gaunt) to dressing up as a chicken outside KFC !! or, like the video above, to flog new homes on the internet or on programmes like Coast v Country, Homes in the Sun, Escape to the Country etc etc.

When shoppy telly started off a few years ago, with the likes of the auction channels (who remembers the defunct Auction World ??), it was the ahem 'breeding' ground which kick started the careers of those we see now on the box.

That's interesting D/Girl !

I remember Lee from his days on the jewellery channel. There are loads of these 'one trick' ponies under various 'management agencies', and are available to flog battery lights on QVC (aka Gill Gaunt) to dressing up as a chicken outside KFC !! or, like the video above, to flog new homes on the internet or on programmes like Coast v Country, Homes in the Sun, Escape to the Country etc etc.

When shoppy telly started off a few years ago, with the likes of the auction channels (who remembers the defunct Auction World ??), it was the ahem 'breeding' ground which kick started the careers of those we see now on the box.

Yep so true.

Carla aka Kim & Co, Bob Mackie, Together, Vitcella and whatever guest whilst Jackie was boasting of QVC being the best shopping channel let slip she's worked for most of them.
Must be paying her well she has most of every item and I dare say jewellery and skincare by saying how much she spends per week on skincare at Q.
But the latest is they are extending into the loft to make two rooms and a dressing room for all her stuff.
Oh and when your an extra in a film at a nightclub you have to dance to no music

:mysmilie_10:

Last edited:
I would love to try my hand at being a QVC presenter. I don't think my appearance would be their cup of tea, though. Shame really as I've probably got just the right voice for it. I would absolutely LOVE to see what goes on behind the scenes and get all the gossip! I bet it would be a right hoot! Apparently they share dressing rooms, so two egos per room! I'd love to see their contracts and see what interesting clauses and conditions they contain. I'd love to know what level of pressure they are under and what sort of targets they work to.

Yeah, but going on a 'behind the scenes' will I fear be a lot different then in reality. I once went on a Coronation Street tour (we are talking a good 20 years ago), but the reality of what was there was completely different to actual. No I think it is probably best to just 'imagine' and then the reality (if by some miracle it happened), would mar the imagery.

I think actually in QVC America they run 'behind the scenes' tours, but like the Coronation tour, it would be 'orchestrated' and not give you a true flavour.

Latest posts

Back