What do you do with unused charity bags?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsinaname

Registered Shopper
I have no end of plastic charity bags through my front door, far too many to put anything in as they are so specific about what they want and often I forget to put the empty ones back on the doorstep for collection. What should I do with all the unused ones? I know it sounds daft but I feel guilty about throwing them away as the charities must have to pay for them and they'll just go to landfill. However, I can't just keep them as there are so many. Any ideas?

Swing-bin liner when I've run out! That doesn't help the charity but they've come in handy a couple of times.

I use them for the cats litter trays (used). Need to double them up though cos of the holes:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I bin them purely because I don't believe half of them are genuine. If I want to donate goods to charity I take them to the shops myself, thereby ensuring the charity benefits.

I bin them purely because I don't believe half of them are genuine. If I want to donate goods to charity I take them to the shops myself, thereby ensuring the charity benefits.

I do exactly the same and then at least I know the goods have reached the shops because I'm dubious about 99% of them. I seem to have several pushed through the letter-box every single day, it's got ridiculous......if I put items in every single one I'd have nothing left in the house by now!!

On the subject of charities, I'm also bombarded with books of raffle tickets too as well as letters asking to set up monthly Standing Orders and they amount to several a week. It's only Monday and already I've had two charity bags and a begging letter!

Seems I'm worrying too much about this! I'm just going to use them as waste bags, at least it saves me buying more bin liners. I agree, if I'm giving to charity I just take stuff to the local shop and I know it's going where I intend it to. Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back