Wimbledon!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Well girls are you getting as excited as I am?? :nod: Weather forecast looks fairly good for the first week :sun: so looking forward to some great matches. Best two weeks of the year for me. :happy:

Well girls are you getting as excited as I am?? :nod: Weather forecast looks fairly good for the first week :sun: so looking forward to some great matches. Best two weeks of the year for me. :happy:

Im looking forward to it :D, Hoping weather stays nice for at least the first week . Hopefully there will be some good first round matches :cool:.

My early predictions are Nadal or djokovic for the mens and im predicting a surprise winner for the womens mayb Azarenka

Very sad but not altogether surprised. Grass isn't Rafa's best surface and he didn't play Halle so his preparation wasn't good. I s'pose he needed the rest after all his wins this year so it's understandable. Murray will be very pleased though. Oh well...go Fed!!

Hewitt's playing a blinder against Wawrinka atm. :happy:

Well, first day never fails to surprise us! I'm not a lover of Rafa's style of play but I'm sorry to see him go out so early. Novak or Roger for me but that was my choice anyway! I see Maria was soon up to her shrieking.....time the players were penalised as it's totally unnecessary but we've been down this road before haven't we? Perhaps, it's time to put us lot in the Umpire Chairs...:wink:

Isn't the love triangle spat between Shrieking Sharapova and the Grunting Williams brother juicy?? :happy: Dimitrov's had both of them now so I hope his hearing hasn't suffered from their bedroom romps. :mysmilie_62:

Isn't the love triangle spat between Shrieking Sharapova and the Grunting Williams brother juicy?? :happy: Dimitrov's had both of them now so I hope his hearing hasn't suffered from their bedroom romps. :mysmilie_62:

Bet they caused a right "racquet" for the neighbours......:wink:

What a day!! Sorry to see Roger out but, without taking anything away from the brilliant play of his opponent, I don't think he was on top of his game today. Lost two of the female shriekers too. Can't remember a major tournament being hit with so many injuries, etc. on one day. Should be an interesting second week!

See the revamped court 2 is taking over from the last one left off as the grave yard of the seeds. What a day, some good matches. Really enjoyed Hewitt and Brown's match.

Good grief what an extraordinary Wimbers this is turning out to be and it was only day 3!! Very sad to see Hewitt go but Brown played so well I think it took Leighton completely by surprise and once he fell two sets behind that was the beginning of the end for him despite his doggedness and the support of his amazing travelling 'fanatics'. :clapping:

My goodness the shrieking in the match between Larcher de Brito and Sharapova reached new levels...I've never heard anything like it!! :eek: Glad the youngster won but her noise was just like a screeching cat which wasn't at all pleasant to hear. :down: Only downside for me is that her win took away the possibilty of a juicy grudge match beteween Sharapova and Williams...uhm I wonder who Dimitrov would have been cheering for in that match?? :mysmilie_62: Fed going out was another huge shock but his opponent definately deserved his fantastic win and I doubt now that Federer will ever win another title at Wimbledon so will not equal Rafa's record of winning 8 Slams at Roland Garros.

Wtf is going on with all the injuries and withdrawals this year!!?? :eek: Seven players pulled out yesterday :wonder: including biggies such as Cilic and Tsonga. Most appear to be blaming the condition of the courts and I can see it may have been a factor on days 1 and 2 when the grass was very new and quite slippy but surely it would be drying out by now and the courts getting firmer?? Hopefully no more will bite the dust today although I expect Murray's quite happy as the draw has really opened up favourably for him and he's probably already preparing his victory speech. :dull: Hopefully Del Potro or Djokovic will deny him. :sun:

Im not happy the second week is looking bleak now :(

Whilst I have my favourites in the top seeds with regard to the men (Novak still in and Roger out) I think it's refreshing to see such great 'new' talent progressing through as some of the quarters and semis in recent years were getting rather predictable. Think we have some very interesting matches to look forward to over the coming days. As far as the women are concerned, I'm afraid I lost interest some time ago mainly due to the the many players shrieking with every damn stroke! I know we've commented on this time and time again but the players need to be warned and penalised with the match being awarded to their opponent if necessary. Mind you, not too sure how that would work if both players were guilty!!!

Whilst I have my favourites in the top seeds with regard to the men (Novak still in and Roger out) I think it's refreshing to see such great 'new' talent progressing through as some of the quarters and semis in recent years were getting rather predictable. Think we have some very interesting matches to look forward to over the coming days. As far as the women are concerned, I'm afraid I lost interest some time ago mainly due to the the many players shrieking with every damn stroke! I know we've commented on this time and time again but the players need to be warned and penalised with the match being awarded to their opponent if necessary. Mind you, not too sure how that would work if both players were guilty!!!

I get what u mean , I just wonder how these new players will fair in the later rounds, they may go down in straight sets which isn't great to watch, we shall see thou .

Are we all set for the second week? Fingers crossed for some very interesting matches with further upsets no doubt and I hope Laura sails through to the next round.

Poised and ready here!! Good luck to Laura although it will probably be her last hurrah as she would be on course to meet the Williams bother in the next round. However it's been such a strange Wimbers so far wouldn't it be great if that match was the next major upset??

You're right Sue, I would love to see Serena out as I detest her style of play......it seems every stroke has to be wham bam and I fail to see any finesse in her game.

Latest posts

Back