Ha! Ha! voice recognition or the touch keypad service!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well well well - I know that GTV can't please all the people all of the time, but I must admit that the problems you ladies have had point to a more serious omission by GTV.

No company should be discriminatory and the fact is that the internet has given more accessibility to the outside world for those with physical impairments. Internet buying is a huge market, but I guess GTV must consider it to be only a small part of their income base and so it doesnt matter to them. Well more fool them! Why drive away previously loyal customers? It don't make marketing sense.

And as for having a telephone system that can't handle the volume or do wot it's supposed to do on the can is no good either. If QVC can manage an automated system, why can't GTV?

I've used the Press 3 option Sammi, and I didn't have a problem, it recognised me:59:

:doggie:

It was one of the large wooden jewellery boxes for Ma to keep her bling in (til she drops off her perch, and leaves it all to me!!!)

:doggie:

HI,
I have had the same problems with the automated phone service. What happened to the 'friendly in house call centre staff' they always rave on about. Well looks like they got rid of them for the voice recognising facility and seem to have shot themselves in the foot.
The remaining staff seem very fed up and not haapy at the moment so look like all is not well there. Lets hope they get rid of the new service and put real people back on. Even the supervisors who all seem to be men now are very automated and one wonders where it it all lead to. Bring back o Bring back things back to how it used to be. At least they seemed to care about the service and what we thought about them. Looks like they sit in a room and make decisions without looking at the implications if it goes wrong. Like City Link who were not always perfect but they were slowly getting there. DPD just seem to speed off in the wrong direction (usually over the cliff - so to speak)!!!!!!!
It's a shame but lets hope they look at this and sort themselves out. Change is sometimes good but sometimes it pays to stick to old methods they always work best!!!!

Toodle pip,
Hope some of you are successful in the £1 games as I know I wasn't!!!:33:

I'm so sorry you've all had such difficulties.:(
I haven't tried any of the £1 games but have had no problems with the automated service when I've tried it.

This Press option 3 system seems to be rather hit and miss then. I tried to snatch a piece yesterday - pressed option 3 - to be greeted by the rather dourly delivered message....that they were experiencing technical difficulties and to try again later. Yeah....right!! :mysmilie_738.gif:

Oh dear,I must have just struck a lucky time then.:31:It sounds as though they've had a lot of trouble with people just sitting on the lines waiting for the next £1 crash though.
I can see that they're trying to get people to check stuff out but I think it would have been fairer for all;phone/web/disabled and able bodied if, let's say, they'd allowed web players access to the games but limited purchase,(for this week only and for both phone and web players)to one item per person per game and only allowed people to keep things in their basket for 24 hrs,or from 8am-8pm.
This would have given the phone bidders a bit of a chance but also allowed in those of you who can only play on the web or those who just prefer to.
It's probably true to say that usually,(and I'm not counting anyone who can onlyplay on the web,)phone players are at a slight disadvantage but now they've swung the pendulum too far and completely excluded other players.
Given the problems you've all had,I think Gems should have revised their game rules.:33:

What's the betting!........

This Press option 3 system seems to be rather hit and miss then. I tried to snatch a piece yesterday - pressed option 3 - to be greeted by the rather dourly delivered message....that they were experiencing technical difficulties and to try again later. Yeah....right!! :mysmilie_738.gif:

:1: Hi Sacha,

Technical difficulties eh!.....and I'm a :38: uncle...oh yeh and there goes that flying :36: lol!!!!!!!

What's the betting all things are back to normal and in working order again tomorrow morning, especialy with this voice recognition/(touch keypad service that I needed to use, that doesn't recognise a customer of over 3yrs ha ha!).

Mirabelle xx :40:

I used option 3 for the first time last night. It was all going well. It had confirmed that I had the item and I was going through payment. I had to input a new card number and it wouldn't recognise it. I tried like 6 times . Then I remembered you can say Operator at any time if you have probs. I was in a queue for over 5mins and had no idea if I would get through to anyone. They'd even started the next game. When I spoke to someone they said as soon as you leave the automated system, you could lose the item. I lost out on my item so I guess they re-allocated it while I was stuck in a queue.

Latest posts

Back