Gatineau TSV 17/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well got my 3 bottles of Simple for the grand total of £0 and they only redeemed the Advantage Card points for 2 of them. Will give it a go this eve to see how it works on my bulletproof eyemakeup.

Gatineau 4 Piece Floracil & Melatogenine Skincare Collection
Item Number: 203559
QVC Price £61.00
Today's Special Value Price £49.98
P&P £5.95

Four-piece Customer Favourites Collection from Gatineau. It features some of Gatineau's most loved products including Floracil Gentle Eye Make-up Remover which can also be used as a soothing eye compress, Aquamemory Eye Roll-On for a bright-eyed look, a full size Melatogenine Anti-wrinkle Radiance Mask, and the bestselling Melatogenine moisturiser. Discover why our customers keep coming back for more with Gatineau's must-have skincare collection.

Contains:

1 x Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Advanced Rejuvenating Cream (30ml) - it's power-packed with antioxidants and pro-biotics and helps protect your skin from environmental stress, counteracts the visible signs of ageing and boosts your skin's natural radiance
1 x Floracil Eye Make-Up Remover (400ml; salon size) - this alcohol-free formula gently removes make-up from your eyes without drying out your skin, dissolving it so no need to drag the skin. You can also apply to a damp cotton wool pad and place over closed eyes when you need a soothing eye compress, perfect for hayfever sufferers. Leave it on for a few moments for more rapid mascara removal. Contains cornflower and chamomile extracts
1 x Aquamemory Eye Roll-On (15ml) - this ultra-fresh formula is designed to hydrate and smooth the delicate eye area, the massaging roll-on helps reduce the appearance of puffiness, and make-up can be applied soon after. Paraben and silicone free and ophthalmologist-tested on a panel including contact lens wearers
1 x Melatogenine Futur PLUS Anti-wrinkle Radiance Mask (75ml) - a luxuriously creamy face mask that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, whilst adding radiance and softness to your complexion.

How to use:

Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Advanced Rejuvenating Cream

Warm the cream between your fingertips and apply to cleansed skin morning and evening

Melatogenine Futur PLUS Radiance Mask

Apply liberally to cleansed face and eye contour
For an express treatment, leave on for 10 minutes then rinse off
For a more intensive treatment, apply the mask in the evening in a thin layer and leave on overnight
Use two to three times a week

Aquamemory Eye Roll-On

Apply morning and/or evening by gently massaging the entire eye contour with the roll-on ball, using circular movements
Blend in excess product by lightly patting with fingertips, from the inner to outer eye area
It can also be applied throughout the day over make-up to keep skin hydrated

Floracil Eye Make-Up Remover

Pour onto cotton pads and place over each eye. Leave for 30 seconds and wipe away.

Behind the brand
One of France's premium beauty brands, Gatineau is renowned by industry experts for its expertise and use of cutting-edge technology. It combines science and nature to help achieve the very best results for your skin.

Gatineau was founded in France in the 1930s by Mme. Jeanne Gatineau, who opened her first beauty salon in Paris in 1937. She believed that with Gatineau any woman, no matter what her age, could achieve a beautiful complexion.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Gatineau-4-Pie...enine-Skincare-Collection.product.203559.html

They seem to be flogging that Eye-Roll-On an awful lot lately anyone tried it?

I have a mini Clinique one that was part of a set and whilst it is undeniably refreshing and cooling I'm really not sure if it's worth the extra step in my routine.

I personally do not like the eye roll on. Makes my eyes water. I have about three from various kits over the last couple of years.

Andrew came out with the classic melatogenine has been around for 13 years, then going on about how others brands changed their moisturisers. Hey Andrew, every time you come on you are bringing out the new improved version of one of your moisturisers. So this is not the original version. Gatineau are famous for bringing out the better improved version all singing all dancing every time there is a TSV. Oh not forget flogging the older version as a really special deal without mentioning you are changing it.

Sorry I haven't tried any of the range apart from the eye meek up remover

I haven't tried any gatineau products but have tried the simple range. I quite like the makeup wipes but prefer the St Ives ones. I like the toner but prefer the garnier one in green bottle! The simple everyday light moisturiser is pretty basic. I have used the cleanser too, again it's ok but there are better products around. Ok if you are on a tight budget.

The makeup remover is quite good but find that the loreal one which you shake is better as it has 2 layers. It is for eye & lip & takes off waterproof makeup well & I find it comparable to bifacil by lancome! Garnier green one is also nice!

Last edited:
It's a long time since I've seen a beauty TSV as boring as this one.

I think the majority of them are boring these days. Gone are the days of waiting up till midnight to order. Especially as you can see what they are and order on line before they become TSV's officially.

They were still selling the previous tsv on the 9pm show. This range doesn't seem as popular as it once was, could go by the wayside before too long at this rate.

They were still selling the previous tsv on the 9pm show. This range doesn't seem as popular as it once was, could go by the wayside before too long at this rate.

Fancy names, overpriced, it hasn't kept up with other ranges. I don't know anyone other than QVC viewers who rate Gatineau. You hardly ever see it in the beauty blogs or press.

I quite like most gatineau products but the competition on qvc these days is fierce and technology moves on so quickly (even if the results haven't caught up yet!). I think gatineau is simply too expensive when there are other great ranges to try. I think that top beauty brands that suddenly offer 2 for 1 or similar offers do themselves a disservice in a way because you have to question the value of the range in the first place. I only stay loyal to a couple of products across the board that I can afford to replace and for the rest I'm happy to try new stuff when it's a sensible price. This gatineau tsv didn't tempt me one bit. If it was a double size melatogenine and a mini floracil for the same price I might have been in there. Of course each range will have diehard customers and they deserve their special offers now and then but some offers are definitely more special than others.

Yes, it's like the no7 range of skincare, always on 3 for 2 and £5 vouchers and so on. That's great if you use it and love it, but makes me wonder about the true worth of it if they can sell it so cheap. I know that expensive doesn't mean it's better, but can something of that price range really contain good for your skin ingredients?
I have tried the ever popular Nivea in the past...dreadful stuff, it went in the bin. I don't expect miracles from my skin care, just something that helps a bit and is nice to use.
As Donna always says, nothing that comes out of a jar can turn back the clock... but I like to try and slow down the ticking a bit, don't we all ?

Latest posts

Back