Gatineau TSV 17/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are people who swear she once appeared on QVC. In all the time I have watched 1997, I never remember her coming on or even talking via phone.

Yes, I remember her. She used to wear her hair tied back quite severely. I can remember her talking about her previous enterprises.

With regards to Gatineau, I still like it but I bought an old TSV off Ebay that had much better product choices and only cost £31 plus £2.99 p&p (rebuying a TSV that I'd used previously). Now that most TSVs are the best part of £55-£60, I now think very carefully before buying, whereas when they were £30-£35 I would buy without too much hestitation. I'm going to look for the mask on Ebay in the next week or so.

Well I love Gatineau, although admittedly I didn't buy the TSV as I am well stocked up. I have a problem skin made worse by a pressure cooker blowing up in my face when I was 14. I was left with a mark on my neck and patches on my face which were always dry and red.

I have tried everything over the years. Boots No. 7, Simple, Clarins, Clinique, all the supermarket brands, baby wipes and nothing at all but water and nothing has made any difference. So two years ago I decided to try Gatineau thinking if it suited me then I could buy it cheaper here in France once I knew what to buy. So I bought one of the offers that was a months supply of lots of different things.

The difference to my skin is amazing. The mark on my neck is barely noticable now and the marks on my face have disappeared.

Here we have dedicated shops for perfumes, makeup and skin care, so I went to my local shop to stock up. The prices on QVC are far cheaper than here in France. So I continue to buy it on QVC.

If you think the range is expensive then I can tell you that it goes a long long way. To test this I started a new 400ml cleanser and toner, 75ml Melatogenine face cream (old formulation) and AOX 50ml (new formulation) on the 1st January. I use the cleanser and toner twice a day, the old formulation face cream at night and the AOX in the day and I am still using it now (mid August). In the cleanser I have about 1 inch left and in the toner about 2.5 inches. In the face creams I have approximately another week or so left.

Before Gatineau I used makeup all the time to cover the marks, but now I don't have to and rarely wear it. When I do its a light coat of Balance and Brighten as my skin is so good now.

Holmca, which product has made this kind of difference to your scars?
I’m not a big fan of the range, but find that some of the products are excellent, for example, the Vitamina hand cream.
One day I saw hands of my colleague and asked what she was using, she said the large Vitamina from the TSV, so I went and got one from eBay and so did a friend of mine and we are both very happy indeed with the product as hands are getting looking yonger (crease wise).

Last edited:
Holmca, what an interesting post, and very inspirational too. You have made me think again about Gatineau. I tried it a long time ago and found it too heavy and greasy for me, but my skin has changed since then so maybe it might be worth another look. I might order one of those collections just to see.
I'm currently using Elemis pcmc which is doing nothing for me, although I do like the texture and smell, which is why I'm using it.
Your post has really made me have a good old think---thank you.

When I tried Gateneau first, I bought the Melatogenine in a kit and was using it at night.
In the morning my face was plumped and smooth and by lunchtime it literally deflated and there they were my dehydrated lines (sun damage) and seeing myself for the first time at lunch time was scary as my face was smooth and plump in the morning. That made me think that very strong chemicals were used for a temporary effect and it wasn’t something I was looking for, so I sent it back. Then I saw my colleague with beautiful skin on her hands and tried the Vitamina which is probably the best hand cream I tried up to date.

Previously I always used products for combination skin. But as Andrew has always said if you are over 50 then your skin is dry and needs rehydrating.

So I use the comforting Lily cleanser and the daffodil toner, (both of which are for dry skin), expecting my face to erupt. I use this night and morning. After I use the Melatogenine range, which is the AOX probiotics range. I am using the old Futur Plus at night just to use it up as its been in my stock for a year or so. This is a thicker cream.

Twice a week I use the Activ Eclat Gommage and then use the Radiance mask all over my face and neck and sleep in it. I think this has been a big help with the dry blotchy patches.

Last year I also invested in the Clarisonic Mia and use this with the Lily Cleanser. I spray the Mia with water to dampen the brush. I use this over my face and neck and just love the clean soft feeling the Mia gives me. I use this for 20 seconds on my face and 20 seconds on my neck and then remove the remaining cleanser with cotton wool.

I can't guarantee that Gatineau works for scars in general, but certainly my skin responded well to using it and it has never looked or felt better. But best of all I don't have that tight itchy feeling any more.

When I tried Gateneau first, I bought the Melatogenine in a kit and was using it at night.
In the morning my face was plumped and smooth and by lunchtime it literally deflated and there they were my dehydrated lines (sun damage) and seeing myself for the first time at lunch time was scary as my face was smooth and plump in the morning. That made me think that very strong chemicals were used for a temporary effect and it wasn’t something I was looking for, so I sent it back. Then I saw my colleague with beautiful skin on her hands and tried the Vitamina which is probably the best hand cream I tried up to date.

Hi Marina, I have never used the Vitamina hand cream so I am going to get some to try. Normally I use Neutrogena each night. I too have sun damaged skin, although most of the time I am tanned, but where I am in France it is a very dry atmosphere. I think because I spent most of my life in the UK with a humid atmosphere it kept the wrinkles at bay a bit as most people here think I am 42 and keep asking me when I am going to have a baby. I tell them that its too late but they don't believe me. I am 59 - definitely too late to have a baby!

COR! gatineua TSV

Was on my doorstep at 8.30 this morning! think I am hallucinating. why can't it be like this all the time?

Latest posts

Back