Jill Franks with telephone caller!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have written to QVC to complain about her! I really can't stand her any more - the vain, lying, simpering old bag! She reminds me of that awful woman that used to be on in the mornings before Jeremy Kyle. Can't remember her name but she was gap-toothed and wig-wearing, and made everything revolve around her! I think they shuffled her off to another channel. I don't really watch television. I prefer radio.

I can't think who that woman was Julius, can anyone remember.

Yes, that's right. It was Trisha. I remember it now. Dreadful woman! I can't say very much more for her successor, but then the whole of daytime television is geared up to a certain sector. Since injuring my shoulder I was stuck at home in great pain for long periods of time. One morning my shoulder was hurting so much the pain was driving me mad and I switched onto Jeremy Kyle. There was a chav on there who was accusing his girlfriend (who looked like a heroin addict dragged backwards through a hedge) of cheating on him. When asked by Kyle why he suspected this, the man replied: "Cos I got home and she stank of sex innit!" I don't think I had laughed so much in my life! It certainly elped with my shoulder pain! I must say I feel a pang of sympathy for all the intelligent mums, dads, carers and convalescents who are left with such drivel to watch during the day. The only programme I liked when I was stuck at home was Countdown! Wonderful programme!

She is annoying - but you know what she does, in fact what all the presenters do, that really gets my goat?!? When you ****** always catch them looking at themselves in their monitor, as opposed to focussing on the presentation being given by the guest... So ****** rude! You look the same as you did five mins ago yes. All about them is it?! Faffing with their hair, adjusting clothes, making themselves look less fat slab ugly slash ****** annoying!

Wait until the ****** break! Imagine whipping out your lippie or mirror at work mid meeting with client.. It's that sort of rude in my opinion.. Vain and lame..

She is annoying - but you know what she does, in fact what all the presenters do, that really gets my goat?!? When you ****** always catch them looking at themselves in their monitor, as opposed to focussing on the presentation being given by the guest... So ****** rude! You look the same as you did five mins ago yes. All about them is it?! Faffing with their hair, adjusting clothes, making themselves look less fat slab ugly slash ****** annoying!

Wait until the ****** break! Imagine whipping out your lippie or mirror at work mid meeting with client.. It's that sort of rude in my opinion.. Vain and lame..

Don't you think they look in the monitors to check item numbers, description and camera shots as opposed to purely looking at themselves?

Maybe - but when i see them mucking about with their tops, skirts, posture, make up.. No I don't think they're looking at all that stuff. Don't they have ear pieces for all that? I see it whenever I switch on! Makes me laugh. Either unprofessional and caught out - or the camera folk aren't doing what they're supposed to be...

There was a post on here a while ago with a link to a report in a newspaper or magazine about QVC. It was very revealing as it exposed some of the tactics used in QVC to promote sales. Coincidentally it was JF who was presenting when the reporter was there. I remember the comment that she was like a ventriloquists dummy repeating virtually word for word what was being said to her by the producer in order to get people ordering. There were also statistics on the monitor giving instant feedback on sales. Since then when I see the presenters looking at their monitors I believe they are checking how well items are selling. I would love to see what they see regarding sales and hear exactly what is being said to them. QVC has one objective, to sell.

If a certain naughty bear who had been banned by ST.com were able to do a send up of a producers talk back when Jill Franks was going on in a wrong tangent I'm sure he'd be hysterical. I've heard a JF 'anecdote' growing arms and legs recently. What is it they say about liars having to have good memories?

Ooh yes I remember that article. It's true a lot of the time they are prompted intensely: "Turn right, smile, link to Hot Pick in 3.2..1." "350,000 sold in the last week with 90% 5 star reviews online" etc.
There was a post on here a while ago with a link to a report in a newspaper or magazine about QVC. It was very revealing as it exposed some of the tactics used in QVC to promote sales. Coincidentally it was JF who was presenting when the reporter was there. I remember the comment that she was like a ventriloquists dummy repeating virtually word for word what was being said to her by the producer in order to get people ordering. There were also statistics on the monitor giving instant feedback on sales. Since then when I see the presenters looking at their monitors I believe they are checking how well items are selling. I would love to see what they see regarding sales and hear exactly what is being said to them. QVC has one objective, to sell.

If a certain naughty bear who had been banned by ST.com were able to do a send up of a producers talk back when Jill Franks was going on in a wrong tangent I'm sure he'd be hysterical. I've heard a JF 'anecdote' growing arms and legs recently. What is it they say about liars having to have good memories?

OMG Here I am on holiday watching Jill Franks with a telephone caller! What a ghastly, vapid and insincere presenter she is! She clearly didn't want to listen to anything that the telephone caller had to say and looked impatient to speak. It was totally cringeworthy! I do not know how this woman has kept her job for so long! Truly awful!

I saw this. When I saw it was JF I was about to turn over but I ended up watching for a bit long. She was ranting as though she was drunk on alcohol or something. She spent ages rambling on about things the caller had said instead of doing her job and talking about the product. She is terrible as a presenter and worse as the day goes on.

I just wish some-one would turn around to her and say "I am NOT your lovely !"" how priceless would that be !

The trouble is, they are all robotically programmed, just like the newsreaders. Am I the only one to get really peed of when they say 'give us a sense of', or ' what is the mood there'. I call Mathew Anraliwahahaaaaa... Mathew 'give us a sense of' Anraliwahhahahaaaaaa. And WHY do they get it grammatically wrong, when saying "over to our ...... Ireland/Spain/Canada etc correspondent ? WHY cant they say "over to our correspondent in Ireland/Spain/Canada etc ??

Sorry, went orf piste a bit there.

Here is the article http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news...C-Quality-Value-but-can-QVC-ever-be-Cool.html

Latest posts

Back