Liz Earle Daily Mail article

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles

Registered Shopper
There is an article about Liz on todays DM online - sorry don't do links but it quite a long way down the front page.
She says she doesn't want to be remembered just for her skincare. That's a shame as she does have some very loyal customers whose money has now allowed her to do other things.

Its ingenuous to say the least for her to forget how she came to be able to be in a position to start a charity having made her money in the business world. She has soon forgotten her roots!! Perhaps she`s aiming to become a dame now to add to her OBE ..... It just makes you want to not buy into something that will forever promote her name !! Sad really!!

I tend to agree with her moral standpoint with regard to various things our children are now exposed to. Driving around I see lots of billboards with what I think are 'unsuitable' images. Not that long ago swear words were bleeped on tv, now they are just said without a thought given to anyone being offended.

In that article in the Mail I don't think she sounds ungrateful she is just saying there IS more to life than beauty products and I agree, there is.

So protecting her children, didn't stop her trotting them out like accessories in her TV shows on ITV.

So all the Liz Earle users you should be thanked for helping Liz move her family to the country, even if you are stuck living in the big bad city.:angel:

I don`t think the path she is taking is wrong nor does it matter really what the business was she made her money in ..its just the dismissive way she has spoken about it. No one would say there is anything wrong with doing the best for your children but she should remember what put her in that position without putting it down as I don`t think if it was the last thing she was remembered for it would be as much product but how as a business woman she was successful with it ..there are many mothers who feel the same but are in no position to do as she has done.

I think the final bit of the article is poorly worded and does come across quite badly. She could have said that she felt fortunate that she was in a position to give something back by working for the charity, to me that would have been a far more palatable statement.

I agreed with her sentiments. We should be speaking up more about the premature sexualisation of children. I am aghast at some of the things my friends/people at school dress their kids in. I also agree with her that is is nigh on impossible to turn the clock back, so we should be trying to halt this march into children growing up too quickly. If I had more money I would have liked to have moved to find a better place for my kids to grow up!

I don't particularly like the woman, or her products, but I do concur with her moral standpoint on the premature sexualisation of children. If I had children, I would not allow them to have a facebook page, either. Children are not kids long these days which is, in no small part, because of the introduction of such advanced technology as the internet and the mobile phone. Whilst I do think Liz has profited greatly from, and enjoyed a lavish lifestyle because of, her beauty range, I do not think she is being negative about those who buy from her company, as was, by claiming she wants to be remembered for more than her beauty products. Most women would rather be remembered as an excellent mother, I would think. Her financial success has allowed her to do more and provide better for her family.

I like the article, and agree with LE. I think that people are envious or even jealous of her success. Yes, she has a 'lavish' lifestyle now, but she's worked hard for it.

Latest posts

Back