Judith Williams Magic Make Up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
This is the beauty pick of the month for July and I can thoroughly recommend it.

I've tried probably dozens of foundations from mineral powders, mousse, cream and of course liquid but never really been happy with the result. Magic Make up goes onto my skin so smoothly and the colour change is amazing - don't be put off by the initial dark shade (I'm very fair), it's easy to blend at the jaw line too.

Mind you it's quite light coverage as I neither like nor need full cover.

It's a bargain this month - the usual 30 ml tube is £19 so 50ml size would be £30 "ml for ml". Plus no p&p. Think I'm going to "stockpile".:blush:

OMG can't believe how gushing I sound in this post !

Linda xx (no relation to Judith Williams !)

The JW Magic make up is identical to the M.Asam Magic Finish they sell on Ideal World. It's worth watching for the M.Asam offers as they quite often sell duos at a good price and I found them just the same. Currently its £19.99 plus £4.99 postage for 30ml so it's more economical to buy the JW pick of the month. Interestingly both are German brands so maybe they buy from the same wholesalers?

If I am not wrong, the Asam Magic Finish is more like a mousse, isn't it? The Magic Makeup is a liquid and as far as I know, the Asam family produces in Germany, whereas JW produces in Austria and Italy.

Yes there's a slight difference in consistency but I got the same effect from both so I returned the JW one as I have a couple of the M.Asam pots in my make up mountain. Funnily this is the only Pick of the Month I've been remotely tempted to buy but resist cos I must have 8 foundations to plough through!

Oh Jude! I had been holding back on buying the JW one- on the basis that I have one Mally one on the go and 3 spares! I would use them all up one by one. When I read your post and saw that you have 8...I bought it because of all the rave reviews and free postage. I had bought the duo before and returned it when I saw the colour but I have been persuaded not to worry about that ...fingers crossed.

Thanks for this review. I have been so very tempted but wasn't sure if it was as good as they were saying. The reviews on QVC look positive too.

Oh WG I didn't mean to lead you astray! I have a wide range of products from Dior to Avon. and surprisingly the Avon one is most used because they introduced a colour "Shell" which is my skin colour so I stocked up when they were cheap, and I worry they'll discontinue the colour! If I'm out in the sun (remember that?) I still go back to a Korean BB cream by Missha which is uber and has spf40 and doesn't melt in the heat.
A friend emailed me to say she went for the tinted Ultrasun (advanced orders) so I'm waiting for her to report back later this month even though I vowed never to buy Ultrasun again as the family hate it and the high street offer a cheaper and wider range of sunscreen. I am weak and I'm dragging you down to my level, soz :cheeky:

Lol! As a Mally addict I am using the ultimate performance professional foundation at the moment (the one in a compact with the sponge ). I have a Mally face defender foundation to use up (from a less popular TSV). In my stash I have a Chanel one that my husband picked up duty free and another Mally one in a compact -a different one again. I also like Avon but not for foundation as I find it hard to match my skintone- I use the "light" shade Mally does. Did you know Avon do a "magic make up" in both a matte or a glow finish? I haven't tried it though.

I'm using Garnier's 5 in 1 B&B but Ericsmum has led me astray and I've bought the JW! I too have just counted up my foundations and including spares, I have 6 already. I've gone off LG balance and brighten as it's too powdery for summer use but was wearing it yesterday and I put a touch of illuminating moisturiser on the cheek bones to give it a bit more of a dewy look.

I will see your 6 foundations and counter with.

Sisley 3 bottles two different shades.
La Mer
Armani 2 Lum Light and the new one Maestro
Hourglass
YSL Touche Eclat
Ella Faas two 102 and 103
Kevyn Aucoin Airbrush
By Terry Cover Expert

Misha BB Cream
Kevyn Aucoin Balm

:wonder::sweat::giggle::grin:

Another vote for the M Assam one. I keep trying other stuff (easily brainwashed) but always go back to it.

I will see your 6 foundations and counter with.

Sisley 3 bottles two different shades.
La Mer
Armani 2 Lum Light and the new one Maestro
Hourglass
YSL Touche Eclat
Ella Faas two 102 and 103
Kevyn Aucoin Airbrush
By Terry Cover Expert

Misha BB Cream
Kevyn Aucoin Balm

:wonder::sweat::giggle::grin:

never ! your foundations are thoroughbreds, mine are mongrels & moggies and I will not reveal them !

I have been swapping between my JW Magic Makeup and my N'SPA BB either of which with a primer (MUA) and touch of concealer (currently the Bourjois Healthy ???) both of which leave my skin feeling great even if the broken capillaries on my chin don't stay covered throughout the day, I am not vain/vein (groan) enough to keep touching up my make up throughout the day! If the M Assam is that good I could be tempted, I admit it does look good in the demos, there is part of me remembers all the difficulties people have had with orders from them, so I veer off, even though I do look!!!!

You have all made me keen to give this a go so I went on website to have a look, only to find Chuntley doing the demo. Oh well, grit the teeth and try to ignore the stupid bint (can you guess I can't stand the woman?)

Magic Make Up & Magic Finish

In my experience the two products are pretty much interchangeable; there's a slight difference in texture but the look on my skin is identical.

There's a M.Asam POTD on Ideal World today (til 9pm) and they are also selling a large (70ml) pot of the Magic Finish, which is 40% larger than the JW BPOTM Magic Make Up. The Judith Williams product is a still a smidge cheaper than the M.Asam 70ml (by virtue of the fee postage). However if you're likely to buy a couple of other items from the M.Asam range at the same time then the capped p&p on IW for this range may make the M.Asam magic finish worth a try.

Showing my working as I was always taught at school:

JW Magic Make Up £23.64 for 50ml

M.Asam Magic Finish £29.99 for 70ml (ie 40% larger than the JW product ) (for this I'm disregarding the mini 10ml other product) plus 5.99 p&p = £35.98

£23.64 + 40% = £33.09

OMG I can't believe I'm working out a ml for ml value! Next I'll be saying "Morve" and "on a night"

I ordered the JW magic makeup and found it to be good for my skin. For years I`ve used nothing but bismuth free mineral powder foundation ( Elemental Beauty and Barefaced beauty brands ) and because I have very sensitive skin many liquid foundations have given me itchy runny eyes or red blotches. I`ve lost count of the number I`ve tried even the ones supposedly for sensitive skin.
Anyway I epected similar from the JW and was resigned to returning it but not so. It doesn`t give full coverage, its more like a BB cream than a foundation but it feels light on the skin and blends well. I hate the gloopy feeling of heavier foundations, as if you could scrape it off etc so the JW stuff is ideal for a lightweight finish and I`ve had no watery eyes or red blotches either.

Latest posts

Back