northern nights- ironing - advice please guys?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CLBA

Registered Shopper
Hi there

I have always thought northern nights looked nice- and i know they are meant to be very good quality- but i have never taken the plunge as it is quite a lot more than i would usually spend.

I am tempted by TSV-like the idea of the cool egyptian cotton - but can i ask- do they need ironing?
I have to admit i hate ironing!- and the cheapish sets i usually buy don't seem to need it (even the 100 percent cotton) -

any advice and/or suggestions for alternatives much appreciated .

C xxx

Yes they do, CLBA. In fact, at first, they are a bit of a b- gger. However, the more you use and wash them, the better and easier to iron they become. I'm sure other FMs will have different opinions but that's just my experience. Hope that helps.

NN does crease more than other bedding I have, but personally I don't iron bedding at all - life's too short to spend time wrestling a superkingsize bedding set onto the ironing board!

I don't like the nn cotton high thread count sets. they crease really badly and I believe that they have not been treated not to crease unlike high street bedding. I have 400 thread count by Christie and they don't crease in the way qvc's sheets do. imao they are poor quality for what they are. bedding should not need the level of ironing that qvc's ones need. even after ironing they crease while you are putting them on the bed. the sales are on now with Sheridan, Christie, dorma marks and spencer and john lewis. I don't rate these nn bedding.

I bought some NN in the early days and they are absolutely dreadful for creasing. Despite Suzy telling us otherwise they definitely need to see and feel the iron!

Totally agree with everyone else, they look dreadful unless they're ironed. I've noticed that the quality is nowhere as good as it used to be and have found the most recent sets I've bought have pilled whereas the older ones are still perfect. I'd definitely look at the sales on Yves Delorme etc.

AGREE with all of the above, and stopped buying NN,..... AND I now get my ironing of bedding done by the lovely ladies in the laundrette !!!! my little luxury.

it was funny I was watching the repeat hours of the tsv and jill franks was told to get off the bed as the staff that work round the back were worried that the bedding was going to crease. they must go to great pains to keep it looking normal. the more you wash this the more creased it gets. I bough my granddaughter some bedding from john lewis and when I had to wash it how lovely it looked with no ironing just a shake.

NN does crease more than other bedding I have, but personally I don't iron bedding at all - life's too short to spend time wrestling a superkingsize bedding set onto the ironing board!

I certainly don't iron bedding! The creases drop out anyway. :mysmilie_520:

You don't have to! You can use a steam cleaning machine and steam your bed like I do. I also get some special ironing water from the pound shop to put into the machine which imparts a pleasant Febreeze style fragrance.

I would say that yes on the face of it,they need ironing.That said,I rescue mine from the wash very quickly and hang them out to dry either outside (perfect) or on my airer and they never need ironing.
the key is to get them folded in half and as smooth as possible and then nicely folded up when they're dry.

I only iron pillow slips and top and bottom of duvet covers as I dry over the bannister so creases fall out, if you remove from washing machine immediately this can reduce creasing.

if any shop sold nn bedding they would be out of business with all the bedding getting returned. looks like chopped spinach very cheap manufacturing and far too much hype and sales talk

Thank you all

From the pics Star i the hood posted of the collier campbell tsv on sunday looks v pretty- wonder if that would crease any less than NN?! xxx:hi:

Thank you all

From the pics Star i the hood posted of the collier campbell tsv on sunday looks v pretty- wonder if that would crease any less than NN?! xxx:hi:

as long as its a collier Campbell brand and not a Kelly hoppen made for qvc brand you should be alright. pop into john lewis they have some lovely stuff that will last many years and still look like new and no creases lol

It is totally misleading to claim on air, that NN bedding does not need to be ironed. I suppose it is a subjective thing, really; what one person may feel needs ironing, another may think it looks fine. It's up to the individual but, in my opinion, if you iron your bedding, don't think you'll be saving yourself a job by buying NN; you will still have to iron it, if you don't want creases in it. I can say, again in my view, that Cozee can be put on the bed without ironing.

Latest posts

Back