Stila cosmetics.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
This brand reminds me of Benefit, and I like those products. Before I buy a new brand, however, I need to be sure it isn't tested on animals - I stopped buying l'occitane when they began trading with China who openly insist on animal testing - so I contacted the company, but haven't heard back yet. I can't find the info online, so does anyone else know?

Stila used to be a brilliant brand, Jeanne Lobel(she was married to Dr.Green from ER), little cardboard packaging with saying from famous women inside each one. Then Estee Lauder bought them out and just totally ruined the brand. Pushed out new collection upon new collection in the mode of MAC. The quality went down hill big time and people stopped buying. Someone else then bought the brand, the quality was still rubbish,then it was sold on again and the owners pulled it out of the UK and Europe. Now its owned by yet another company and started appearing again, in Boots etc.

sorry I have no idea who now owns Stila or their policy on testing. I still have quite a few of the original eye shadows and blushers(the powder ones).

This is the latest owners. No mention of China but Korea

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=1030349

Last edited:
Go onto cruelty free international or go cruelty free websites and you can look up brands there.

I can't do links, but 'animal friendly beauty Therese blogspot' has an email in January this year to stila and their reply doesn't answer the specific questions she asked, so personally I wouldnt trust them to be cruelty free.

Latest posts

Back