Craig / Joe + Seph

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Craig is being his usual, over effusive and utterly bone grinding self, in his presentation of the exorbitantly priced popcorn. Now, I'm not being pedantic, I don't think but, as an extremely strict vegetarian, I do take issue with the way in which he is minimalising the dietary requirements of vegetarians. "All these are suitable for vegetarians - except the one at the end - which contains a non-vegetarian cheese." So this product cannot be classified, technically, as being suitable for vegetarians. If you are going to pay £23 for 10 bags of popcorn - Home Bargains sell large bags of a well known brand for 0.99p - you want to be able to eat them. If you don't mind giving one away, fair enough. Just don't give out misleading information. Say a vegetarian heard him say they were suitable for vegetarians, but left the room before he finished his sentence, they would be upset if they knew they had eaten something they were not supposed to. I know this post may sound a bit petty but, in this day and age, they really need to be spot on factually. But that's Craig all over. He's too in your face for me, but others may like his presenting style.

I'm a veggie and would be upset if a 'vegetarian' product turned out to contain non-veggie rennet.

A bit like trying to serve me fish when vegetarians DO NOT eat fish.

Must say the flavours did tempt me but resisted due to being on a diet and the price point. mind you if they were in the supermarket I would probably sneek the odd bag as I love savoury snacks

"Utterly bone grinding self" ... I like that, its so true and a great description ! he was on with Alexis doing the L'occitane show, and he was so syrupy it made me feel queezy.

Not interested in posh popcorn anyway...but I did like the look of that smoked salmon.

I've never really had a problem with Craig, he can string a sentence together which is more than an out-pouring of sound-bites and codswallop!

Pedantic? Sorry, but the original post just feels like an excuse to bash Craig. I no longer watch QVC, but it sounds as if he added the warning about one of the items not being vegetarian (perhaps even in the same sentence?). I check everything that I eat to make sure it doesn't contain animal products (i.e. animal suet, gelatine etc.) and I would have thought it was up to every vegetarian to take responsibility themselves. If he hadn't mentioned it at all and a vegetarian had bought the product, then they would have had a serious gripe in my opinion.

With all the graphics QVC are fond of popping on the screen, you think they would automatically put whether a food item is suitable for vegetarians on the screen along with the item details. Save customer services having lots of people call asking the same question.

Latest posts

Back