Too much

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
QVC trying to do too much..information overload on screen..info slides changing every few seconds..messing about with easy pay..one minute an item is on installments..next it isn't..special anniversary price.. hot pick of the day week month year century..new apps all the time.. latest one sets your mobile phone to wake you at 0300 to remind you of the tsv..all the customers are living the highlife in technicolor grand houses in Mayfair..

LOL I agree I can hardly see the product being sold as there are too many info displays. Some of these displays are in the same place all the time and causee screen burn on OHs plasma which means I banned from watching qvc on it.
All the rest of the changes are welcome.

I agree- I don't like the screen anymore as I find it oten obscures the product. As for pricing and easy pay offers I have recently seen items I have bought suddenly increase in price a week later and easy pays appear suddenly (even if not on air) then disappear just as quickly. My eternal ceramic watch (which ordered about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love by the way) was not on air when I bought it- got using the app- was on 4 easy pays and priced about £83. A week after receiving it the price was £93 ish with no easy pays. Not that I'm complaining but it seems very random for an item not even on air recently. Maybe it was the intro price that disappeared but Catherine Huntley never said "last showing at intro price" when I last saw it on air about a month ago. Nor was it on easy pay!

The "L" has been fine for 19 years - now it's a U and if they add any more it'll be Ű (with umlaut if it's too small to see)

I couldn't agree more. I find now that the screen hurts my eyes/senses. There is just too much going on - most of it non important. When the banner on the RHS appears and starts to move I just think - sorry I am out of here, so much so that I am not watching as much as I would normally. It also does stop you viewing the products as you can hardly see the blooming things!

Cue imaginary presentation. The presenter says 'take a look at this - isn't it marvellous - it trims your toe nails, sings dixie and dries your hair, all at the same time'. Could be true for all I know but I can't see much this side of the screen!

The pricing is strange too as Weathergirl says - some of the items they have in clearance are more than the introductory price. A sale obviously doesn't mean the same thing to QVC as it does to me! I want a bargain.

I think the 'youngsters' in charge at QVC appear to have lost sight of their core audience. Which are mainly women over a certain age who are far less technology minded than those who design the on-screen graphics.

Certainly we are not all into 'pressing the App', sending Tweets, using 'androids' (?) etc. and lets get real, hold your hands up those who ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND all the technical info that is given when the computers, cameras, tvs and phones are demonstrated ? not many women I'll bet, - and I reckon only a few of the chaps that watch actually 'get it' either. No, unless you are in those industries, or under 45, then chances are you have absolutely no idea what it all means. 8 mega supa mega gargantuan gigabites, yeah AND ??? Lets have idiot proof presentation please.

QVC need to re-group and quickly. If loads of us on here have curtailed their viewing, then how many overall have done the same ? More and more items are being advertised as on "Advanced Orders" only, and to me, that speaks volumes as to the state of things at Q.

I agree...and yesterday was too little of each item all seemed so rushed for me. I would rather have had a TSV every hour and more products from the same supplier . They could have at least made the 3 items per hour on the same theme instead of jumping all over the shop ....the dreaded high street isn't set up like that is it?

I did laugh when they started to add the model's statistics to the ever growing mess on the screen!!!

I hate the tweeting and ipad situation during shows more than I hate the on screen graphics.

Last week I saw a demo for mascara, I forget which though. They showed a "before and after" photo, with the before on top and the after underneath. You couldn't actually see the after shot because of the bottom of the L. All that was visible was a small part of the upper eye lid. Very useful.

I can't help but think that they've hired too many college graduates to work the technical side who don't actually have any practical experience. There is far too much info and data on screen and, apart from obscuring the product being sold, it's simply too distracting.

And what a shame that none of this info contains "Terms and conditions apply"! (but that's another argument ;) )

I am one of these over 40s who has no interest whatsoever in technology. I came here to watch a tv shopping channel and I want to see a tv shopping channel, not an exercise in information overload or how many dozen ways there are to order.

I have a problem watching Sky News or BBC News channels because I get distracted by the scrolling headlines along the bottom of the screen. So much so that I'm not listening to or really watching the actual news item, even though I know I've read the "Egypt coup" headline 6 or 7 times I just can't stop myself!

Latest posts

Back