Ninja mini compared with other mini choppers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
I have been thinking about buying a Ninja mini chopper as a present mainly for icecream and sorbets. My first purchase from QVC, many years ago, was a Morphy Richards Toledo chopper and I blame that for the thousands I must have spent with QVC since then. I doubt if I would have bought from QVC again if the delivery hadn't been exceptionally quick (I often wonder if they do that with all new customers) and if the chopper hadn't been so good. It has a 400w very powerful motor and has a glass bowl and recently I have been using it for icecreams and sorbets but this morning, when I was drying the blades, I realized that they are becoming rough which made me wonder about the Ninja blades. Has anyone who has the Ninja mini and who chops frozen fruit in it noticed any problem with the blades?
I am also wondering about the mini Ninja bowls which I think are plastic like the Kenwood mini chopper. My Kenwood bowl looks cracked, not all the way through (can't remember what you call that - crazed?), and I think that was caused by chopping carrots in it a few, not many, times. How is the Ninja mini bowl coping with frozen fruit?

I have been thinking about buying a Ninja mini chopper as a present mainly for icecream and sorbets. My first purchase from QVC, many years ago, was a Morphy Richards Toledo chopper and I blame that for the thousands I must have spent with QVC since then. I doubt if I would have bought from QVC again if the delivery hadn't been exceptionally quick (I often wonder if they do that with all new customers) and if the chopper hadn't been so good. It has a 400w very powerful motor and has a glass bowl and recently I have been using it for icecreams and sorbets but this morning, when I was drying the blades, I realized that they are becoming rough which made me wonder about the Ninja blades. Has anyone who has the Ninja mini and who chops frozen fruit in it noticed any problem with the blades?
I am also wondering about the mini Ninja bowls which I think are plastic like the Kenwood mini chopper. My Kenwood bowl looks cracked, not all the way through (can't remember what you call that - crazed?), and I think that was caused by chopping carrots in it a few, not many, times. How is the Ninja mini bowl coping with frozen fruit?

I bought the Ninja tsv, with two bowls, and it is brilliant! It is exceptionally powerful, for a smaller machine. The blades are sharp KG, so be careful. But I would definitely go for it. Easy clean, too. No need to use the dishwasher. I haven't used the second bowl, yet, but it's there if i need it. Just read your post again and - it's just my opinion - the double bowl option, 801581, wouldn't be big enough to make drinks; the one you would need would be 800553. the food processor and drinks maker. I ordered this as the tsv and the Q asked me to return it for a full refund, as buyers (incl. myself) had experienced problems with it. Perhaps the manufacturer has sorted that out, though. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back