My Eeeek

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Right. Inspired by the OTO thread I think our beloved eek deserves a bit of a showcase. I own only 6 pieces of eek (lol) and one real VS1 I colour certified piece that is the real McCoy. I wear 4 of the eek pieces plus the real one every day. Here are my favourite, wear daily pieces that DESPITE being only cubic zirconia I absolutely love, and as most of it was last clicks or OTO prices (except the pendant) I have paid less per wear than most of the stuff from M & S.

So can you spot the real McCoy (it's one of the rings). Please photograph your favourite eek too I would love to see it and if you have real diamonds so we can have fun guessing please post them in this "Tribute to our Eek" thread. xx

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373826767635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373826767635.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 409
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373826786747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373826786747.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 439
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373826804960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373826804960.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 443
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373826821133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373826821133.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 415
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373826837446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373826837446.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 408
I vote for the single stone ring as the real deal... although it's always hard to tell without seeing the setting as that normally gives it away.

I go for single too since the double stone photo is not very sharply focused and looks a bit smudged

My guess is also the solitaire but as Tiddly says, you really need to see the setting. It does have quite a few claws, so that it looks secure.

Inge x

Lol no way! I agree that the photos alone make it hard to tell the difference and the setting is key. Shame Q stopped setting them as if they were real...if they ever really did that! Well done for spotting the 6 claws the other just has 4-a-piece.

Yes the real one is the solitaire. I know someone who has a real one like the other one though. I bought the other when I was pregnant and my fingers swelled. Then because I was wearing it when my son was born it became sentimental to me and I had it sized down when my fingers went back to normal. I think it cost me peanuts in last clicks. I wear it most days.

Does nobody else have any favourite eek or am I the only one who wears it?

I wear this one everyday and have had nothing but compliments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 323
Sorry no camera, or the thing to transfer from phone to laptop.

I have a few 14ct white gold ones going way back, very small stones in eternity style they do look real. A 14ct yellow and white gold again small stone about a 1/4 ct????? No bigger. All have the rub over channel settings. A small three stone silver one again last century, most think it real. Though once someone said that is silver. So the old chestnut they used to sprout about silver looking like white gold or platinum is crap!!!

How interesting. You gave the game away too soon Weathergirl because I was just thinking the two stone ring might be the real one, only because the design of it made me think of a family heirloom type piece. I always thought I'd be able to tell the difference and that the eek would be too bright.

I`m not an eek collector but I did buy a simple eek solitaire ring and band to wear when travelling abroad, just in case our room was ever robbed or we were mugged whilst out and about. I leave my real engagement and wedding rings at home. I don`t think anybody has ever guessed the eek set aren`t real because the stones in both are quite small. I did buy a set of eek earrings as a gift once, I think there were 3 pairs of different sized studs in the set and they looked quite nice.

My friends Mum has a matching eek set consisting of an engagement and eternity style rings,they are beautiful. I never realised they were eek until she told me when I asked her about them.

I think if you want to "pass it off" then the smaller stones are the ones to go for but if you just want a bit of bling then anything goes.

As I'm not keen on claw settings I tend to buy when the odd non claw design comes on. I have a couple of coloured ones which are lovely but equally have sent some back as they looked straight out of a lucky bag.

Mind you some of the real diamonds on Q are just lumps of solder - hunt the diamond - but then I have never seen a real diamond on Q I would wear never mind pay for.

When I got engaged we didn't have 2 pence to rub together so for many years I wore dress rings depending on the size of my finger at the time. For 25th I got a 1ct which I wear every day but may consider getting reset sometime. I'm a bit of a ring girl and don't attach any great sentiment to any of them.
Some of tbe earings look lovely but as non pierced ears have to pass these by (it is one of the few money saving things I have LOL).

IMO what ever floats your boat

This is my favourite. No one would ever think it was diamonds but that doesn't matter to me anyway. I never say my eek is real. I always say its a bit of glass if I'm asked but really I love my eek for what it is. Costume jewellery in precious metals. If you do want to pass your eek off as real then don't ever take it off and hand it to someone. The setting will probably give it away.

image.jpg

Very pretty Tink. And so unusual.

Anni your ring looks real...like it could have been bought in an antique shop. I would never guess that it was eek.

Thanks WGirl. It was one of my first jewelery purchases from Q about 7/8 years ago. It is from when they used to set them in real gold and it is quite substantial - I certainly wouldn't own it if was real diamonds as no way would I pay that sort of money, but no one has ever asked if it was anything other than real.

Latest posts

Back