Get Real Kelly !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
On publicising her book tonight, Ms Hoppen said, quote " people stop me in the street ...............to thank me for giving them ideas from my book.........." this isn't the first time I've heard this being spouted by these fruitcakes, so, do people REALLY do this ? I've never heard any of my mates say "Oh, I stopped Lulu / Kelly / Whoopi / Oprah / Tiffany in the street the other day ", and I very much doubt that anyone on here knows anybody either.

Honestly, some of these 'celebs' are really up their own backside, or believe their own publicity. I wonder if they realise being stopped in the street happens to mere mortals too -- I often get stopped, usually by lorry drivers, for instructions on how to get to the A1 !!!!

There was an article about Q entitled 'QVCool' in the Mail's You magazine and it said that "her stints on QVC netted her £4 million last year". No wonder she's 'delighted to be here'. I bet you are love.

According to Clare Sutton Kelly is "giving back" by being on Dragons Den and her design school. Sorry have I missed the news that her fee/salary for these is being given to charity? I don't think so!

That is a phrase I hate - giving is free - any money involved is selling.

One step away from sainthood if we believe CS.

I love and have the look but not the hype thank you very much.

she's always given me the impression that she doesn't want to be there, like it's beneath her (and i'm sure it is... but 4million reasons to turn up is fair enough)

£4 million for "stuff" that's only made for qvc ain't bad, so what is she pulling in for "stuff" that's only made for Harrods and other top stores ??????

Q seem to be on a high publicity sell, pushing the 20 year birthday (yawn), articles on it are all over the place lately.

I only tried her stuff once and sent it straight back, it was badly finished and wouldn't stay on the bed it was so slippy.

Kelly is boring me to death, had to switch her off her voice does not hold my attention.

I find there is something very, ahem, 'masculine' in her voice, and features. That's life though, some women have a very deep voice, and some men have high squeaky pitches (a la David Beckham) !

I have noticed, throughout the day, on the KH shows, the designer has portrayed some discrepancies in her advice/opinions. She said at launch, not to mix colours; if you are going for the cushion aloong with the tsv, choose the same colour, never put a different colour with it. Later on in the day, she was showing the bedcover again, and commented that we could go for a different colour. Um, I thought, that's not what she said last night. Now in the 7 o'clock hour, she has reverted to her original advice, and opined that we ought never to mix colours. So, what is her view on mix n match? Just so we know. In case we value her opinion. Ultimately, it's our own hard earned we're spending, so it's up to us how we decorate our bed. Each to their own.

Wow, she must be a lovely person - my ex-hairdresser (total snob) always looked away when she saw me in the street. And that was when I was her client!

I find there is something very, ahem, 'masculine' in her voice, and features. That's life though, some women have a very deep voice, and some men have high squeaky pitches (a la David Beckham) !

Well she used to be Kenny Hoppen don't you know.......

I have noticed, throughout the day, on the KH shows, the designer has portrayed some discrepancies in her advice/opinions. She said at launch, not to mix colours; if you are going for the cushion aloong with the tsv, choose the same colour, never put a different colour with it. Later on in the day, she was showing the bedcover again, and commented that we could go for a different colour. Um, I thought, that's not what she said last night. Now in the 7 o'clock hour, she has reverted to her original advice, and opined that we ought never to mix colours. So, what is her view on mix n match? Just so we know. In case we value her opinion. Ultimately, it's our own hard earned we're spending, so it's up to us how we decorate our bed. Each to their own.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Most of those trying to flog their own products haven't a clue about their own items ! More than once Lulu G has claimed surprised at not having seen a handbag before - and she produces the ****** things ! Simon Wilson doesn't know his ducks colours from his cats whiskers half the time, and don't get me started on the fashion 'designers' who stumble over what colours their handiwork comes in !!!

I bought one of her pussy-willow bowls to go in the hall, and was very disappointed with it - it looked so fake where the stems came from the water. I am a confirmed Bethlehem Lights girl tho, and anything else is a bit disappointing.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Most of those trying to flog their own products haven't a clue about their own items ! More than once Lulu G has claimed surprised at not having seen a handbag before - and she produces the ****** things ! Simon Wilson doesn't know his ducks colours from his cats whiskers half the time, and don't get me started on the fashion 'designers' who stumble over what colours their handiwork comes in !!!

Whilst I can understand that there is a long time between design and airing but that is no excuse for poor pre show preparation. None of us would do a work presentation on the hoof. I think it is pure arrogance on their part. It is the very least they can do if they wish to sell their wares at often inflated prices, how hard can it be to run your eye over the damm crib cards they use.

el

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I have just opened today's paper and there is kelly hoppen as the latest dragon in dragons den

she's always given me the impression that she doesn't want to be there, like it's beneath her (and i'm sure it is... but 4million reasons to turn up is fair enough)

I got the same impression initially. Now when she's on air, however, she comes across as being a bit more likeable and 'happy enough' to be there. A bit like 'well, if I want to sell my range, I need to be here.'

Latest posts

Back