Tragic and unnecessary loss of four lives!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mam

Registered Shopper
Four men have lost their lives over the last weekend within a 5 mile radius of where I live, each completely avoidable and tragically wasted in my opinion. The two soldiers in training should have been monitored much more closely given the extreme heat and I hope their superiors have to answer for the loss of their lives. The other two, both reservoir deaths:( It's just six years since I last witnessed the ominous circling helicopter, ambulance and fire vehicles appear on the reservoir dam just below me, then it was three days before the body of a teenager was recovered from the dangerous waters. There are warning signs and lifebelts everywhere you can imagine around the accessible banks of the reservoir, but still people ignore them and put their lives at risk. When will they realize that these signs are not there because the powers that be want to spoil everyone's fun, but because these waters and what lurks beneath them are an absolutely lethal combination.

Sorry for the tirade everyone, but it angers me so much when people think they are invincible and treat their lives with such disdain when there are others who are suffering and fighting to prolong their precious lives for any extra time they can have and are grateful for each day.

Yes it's terrible to hear of these young people dying unnecessarily and when it happens in your home locality it is awful. I am always extremely sad when I hear of deaths and serious injuries in the Lake District usually caused by people taking risks and not being properly equipped etc. R.I.P to those young men I hope someone takes responsibility for their deaths.

Latest posts

Back