Changes to royal line of succession question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
In anticipation of the new royal baby the statutes regarding the rules of royal succession are being changed to mean that the monarch's first born, boy or girl can succeed.

So the line will be Prince Charles - William - William & Kate's baby.

What would happen if the Queen outlives Charles? Would Princess Anne then become heir to the throne, with Peter Philips next?

Last edited:
No if the Queen outlives charles William would become 1st in line. Baby second. Who would then be third? :confused

has it been drafted only to start with the new baby? Or hypothetically, had Charles died without an heir Anne would slot in rather than Andrew under the new law, but once there's a grand child the pecking order is irreversibly changed?

Here's a dark thought, if William drops dead before the baby is born does Harry become the heir?

I'll be in the Tower if any one wants me!

lol. Yes I think to make the law retrospective would be unworkable so it starts with the new baby- so if the baby is a little girl she would be first even if she has a little brother

I wonder what will happen if some Commonwealth countries refuse* to amend their laws to follow this change, so they'll regard a younger male child (if Wills & Kate have one) as their King over a first born daughter? (*or Australia CBA)

Could get confusing.

I thought all of them had rushed it through? Makes you wonder if they know it's a girl!

At the time Kate went into labour neither of the prospective parents knew the gender according to the BBC

Latest posts

Back