What lucky timing for Clogau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think QVC were expecting that the baby would have been born before the launch of the TSV to be honest

Did QVC not do any special 'Royal Baby' pricing yesterday, especially as it was Best of British? In the past they have done at significant national events, I think I remember 'special Olympic prices' when we won the Olympic bid and other Royal events?

They don't seem to do these impromptu special prices these dayas, mind you they did tend to be items ear-marked for lower pricing anyway, such as anniversary prices or sometimes just the intro price renamed!

I don't think many were sold, baby or no baby. One size sold out and one went limited - not good.

I wonder if the largest rings are heavier or just thinner? It does make a difference if you're splurging on gold. I suppose an experiment could be conducted for the cost of the p&p.

have to say I'm surprised that QVC havent cashed in on the royal baby...wimbledon tennis etc.....I remember years ago them finding anything in order to get a *special* price going....my sporting knowledge is terrible,but I even remember some Liverpool FC win that they celebrated in order of their Liverpool warehouse and call centre!!!!

All this talk of babies makes me wonder if there are any forum babies due soon - or grandchildren?

Because of the birth of Baby Cambridge, and by way of celebration, the Q have brought the ring back - the day after it was the tsv - at IP, just an extra £45 +! This is absolutely ridiculous. Does the Q genuinely believe that, if we hadn't decided on Monday to purchase it when it was at tsv price, we would consider paying nearly half a ton more for it, just one minute later? Obviously, as a business, the Q will, like other businesses, want to profit from the royal birth. Just don't try and convinve the shopper, that it is doing us a favour by offering it to us at IP. The Q would have done this anyway. I have several pieces in silver and gold but, with the gold pieces, I am finding it difficult to justify the high prices.

Latest posts

Back