JF current blog at QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
ok JF is far from being my fave presenter - and I think everyone could write a blog about something that has changed and shaped them - we all have scars from something - but her current blog is quite a read....

Why is she still racking up every hour she can at QVC if she thinks she's so ill? Personally I think her GP got it right... panic attacks following a bad experience behind the wheel manifesting itself as physical symptoms. A question of acceptance. If you can't cope Mrs Franks, take a long, long break. Is she so desperate for the money?

I read it differently... She hasn't said she can't cope... she's saying that she's had a tough couple of years but is now back on track.

As to the words of her GP... I witnessed my mum's GP saying something similar a week before I took her to A&E where she was diagnosed with a brain tumour and died a month later, Sometimes GP's see a woman 'of a certain age' and apply stereotypes rather than listening and giving the benefit of the doubt.

Back to Jill... she is looking good and healthy so good luck to her.

So sorry to hear about your Mum, Tiddlywinks. I do not feel presenters should be on TV if they are ill. I agree JF looks the picture of health and although she is stick thin, she will be the last man standing at QVC, it seems it will take more than poor health to get her off our screen.

Full of contradictories - a private person she states, yet it was suggested by her husband (a PR consultant - very convenient) to let everyone know about it (?)

I read it differently, she is hardly modest in her early achievements, and then considers herself to be Fab at 48. Blowing one's own trumpet never goes down very well.

Rather different to the quiet dignity of some of her colleagues who have endured chemo. I'm saying no more.

My rotator cuff injury took a year to heal, very painful. She mentions the Vegas nerve, it is actually the vagus nerve, which runs from the brain to the abdomen and pregnant women who suffer from hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) are dominated by this nerve.

My rotator cuff injury took a year to heal, very painful. She mentions the Vegas nerve, it is actually the vagus nerve, which runs from the brain to the abdomen and pregnant women who suffer from hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) are dominated by this nerve.

Perhaps this is the reason she is so thin.

I don't usually read presenter blogs but just had a look at this one by JF. She sounds menopausal to me and it seems odd that her good friend Marjorine is on with the Pilates TSV on Sunday. They must think we are stupid. What a sales pitch. They must be desperate at Q to go to those lengths. As for JF she is nothing but a name dropper and social climber even down to using the same hospital all as the Royals.

Well I've just had a good read of Jill Franks blog. Very open and honest account of something that has been major in her life over the past 5 years or so. I think it highlights the errors many medical professionals make (especially GP's - I have my own stories to tell but won't bore you with them on here).

It is shameful when we get to a situation that we can only get the advice we need by going privately for it or having to do all the research ourselves as to what the problem could actually be, sounds like Jill was in a fortunate position to be able to do this and the help and advice she needed to get well again.

I don't understand the harsh comments made by some on here. Someone was in pain, someone sought to do something about it, someone has come through it and now someone is sharing this which will in turn possibly help others, yes it is all 'me me me' but so what? I feel like saying have some compassion please.

hmmm, I know I'm cynical but that blog is a great sales pitch for the Pilates machine, Marjarine Burgervan must be very happy with that.
I think JF needs to get over herself and not live her life thinking about 'what if's'

She is lucky she had good treatment straight away and is now in good health, some people aren't so lucky unfortunately.

My compassion is with those people who have serious health problems and don't go blogging it on these websites. I can't give sympathy to someone who seems so self, self,self and to end by plugging a product they are trying to sell is beyond the pale in my opinion. I have never heard such a load of self centred clap trap in all my life. It's the first and last time I will be reading these ridiculous blogs.

JF loves being centre of attention and I`m sure she`d even work for a pittance so she could carry on getting that attention. She craves it, looks for it, gets it by being on tv and she thrives off it. Good or bad attention is all the same to her because she`s vain enough and self centred enough to enjoy being the centre of any conversation or situation, whether it`s positive or negative. I call her a media leech, latches on, sucks it up and gorges on it.

I won't be reading it. I just don't understand why people think the world is interested in their humdrum ups and downs. We all have them and most of us keep them to ourselves. If it makes you feel better to write it down then I suppose there are forums where you can share your woes with like-minded people who will sympathise and exchange notes on their experiences but qvc aint the place.

My first thought was she didn't get all that treatment through the NHS, great to go private in the Lindo wing if you can afford it. Also how many photo's do we need to see of her stretching limbs.

If by using a pilates machine you end up looking like either JF or Margerine Burgervan.................I think I'll just keep walking my doggie for my daily exercise and gardening, hoovering. shopping etc.etc. x

"A very private person"? She doesn't come across as such. Forgive me but, after reading the blog, the only information I have gleaned is that she was in a car accident. Yes, she incurred the side effects of it, as do most people involved in one, myself included. I am not a naturally unsympathetic person but am I alone in fiding this blog uber dramatic? She started off by suggesting she had underwent a life threatening experience. I think when one considers the plights of Ali Keenan and even Julia Roberts, JF is using her blog as an opportunity to talk about herself. If the consequences had been as bad as we were initially led to believe, not being able to exercise would have been a small price to pay. I still don't know what, medically, waS wrong with her. Whiplash is expected after an accident. Vertigo? I suffer from that. One has to cope with it. I have also had a permanent illness since birth, but do not feel the need to tell everyone I meet. One learns to live with it. Think, small mercies?

I'll re-iterate. Her husband is in Public Relations - ideal partner material for one that is needy of a high profile. As for the self proclaimed "Fab at 48", well having Margarine as your role model is certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

Latest posts

Back