Refund policy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Karen Murray

Registered Shopper
I brought a ring from their Creation a few weeks ago and paid £185.00 for it.
Looked beautiful on T.V it was a band ring in Sunset Sapphire.
I waited for it to arrive,opened up the packet and what a disappointment.
The stones were minute and a different colour as to what they were portrayed on T.V.
I immediately sent it back and waited for my refund to be put back into my bank account.
This has now been over two weeks as they received it back on 15.07.13.
Phoned them this morning and they said it will take 30 days for it to be processed,.
I asked them why it would take so long,and they said that it was the process.
I replied is it because you sell such crap for high prices that you cannot cope with the amount of items that are being sent back.
I also asked them where my money was and they could not answer me.
I have directed their customer services to this site,to read comments that everyone was leaving.
They did not seem very interested,I think their attitude stinks and customer services is null and void.
All I could get from them is its in their Terms and conditions,they dont tell you that on T.V though.
The only satisfaction I have at the moment is I ordered a Spinel ring the next week from a different bank account,I emptied my bank account so they could not take payment for it,I then phoned them up and told them to stick it where the sun dont shine.
I am so angry!!!!!

I would be angry too if I was you. They manage to take your money out quick enough if should be an easy process. Maybe they hold it in their account to gain interest.
PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think Rocks & Co do automatically give you your original p&p back if you return an order.

I've found my way here for the first time after searching for R&C reviews after some negative experiences. I've bought enthusiastically from R&C over the past few years, many items I've been happy with. But over the last year I've had to return more and more as the quality and value for money has fallen, IMO. I've mainly been disappointed with the refund policy. They now take the full 30 days (admittedly stated in their t&cs) to refund, and when the 30 days are up, I've had to email to remind them to process my refund. I've then had replies saying that it can take 4-5 working days for the amount to appear in my account. Really?!? That doesn't happen with other retailers. I suspect that they are using customers' refunds to improve their cashflow, and I see others here have drawn the same conclusion. They should take a look at their competitors' much better performance e.g. Gems.

And while I have the floor, I wish the presenters would stop shrieking at us. It's so phoney...and annoying. I've stopped watching unless it's my fave John Scott, or Alex and Alan.

I'm not here to bash Rocks and Co either as I still think their gem quality is really high, the problem I have found since Creation started are the settings, loose stones, missing stones, squint or jagged prongs, uneven settings, I've never come accross this with them before and hope that it's just a temporary thing, I am agreeing with the delays on refunds also, not the way things used to be done, I watch a lot and find it quite difficult to listen to the guests tell us of the high quality control, when I'm returning items which clearly shouldn't have passed.

I have just ordered my first Creation piece. I was told my card would be debited immediately rather than when the item was dispatched, even though they said the item would take up to 28 days to arrive. I hope it's ok when it does arrive as otherwise it will mean they've gained interest on my money for 28 days before I receive the item, and another 28/30 days after I've sent it back!!

New Customer unfriendly rules

I have just ordered my first Creation piece. I was told my card would be debited immediately rather than when the item was dispatched, even though they said the item would take up to 28 days to arrive. I hope it's ok when it does arrive as otherwise it will mean they've gained interest on my money for 28 days before I receive the item, and another 28/30 days after I've sent it back!!

Ok, I'm new here, although I read Shoppingtelly Forum all the time, and already I've felt the need to write again. Been told by customer services that when buying a creation piece, money will be charged straight away. Having always been told when placing a phone order in the past that it was up to a 28 day process, I can understand why many customers have been caught on the hop when receiving an email after 12 to 14 days. I can understand this is inconvenient for Rocks and Co from a business point of view, but in my opinion has always been confusing to customers. To leave customers unable to cancel an order once placed however, is out of order and bad PR to say the least. Customers will no longer be able to make an informed choice without risking going over their budget, I understand web buyers have until the end of the hour but phone buyers do not, even the largest of the Shopping Channels have a 3 hour window for cancellation.
Will I still buy from Rocks and Co? yes, as I believe the gem quality is still the best, though I don't think they are thinking of their customers in this situation and many like myself have been loyal to them from the early days.

I have stopped buying from them. I believe they don't give a flying fig about their customers with my last three emails to them going unanswered. I think their refund policy is inexcusable ( they used to be the quickest within a week) and now with this up-front charging, I really can't be bothered anymore. Holding on to my money for up to two months? They must be joking!

I too have stopped ordering from them. There refund policy is now a joke and they never as far as I am concerned reply to e-mails. I even sent an official complaint direct to Debby Cavill and got no response. With these new rules that were introduced without warning means that the company could keep hold of your money for 68 days. ( 28 days delivery, 10 days for examination and 30 days returns policy. The shop is not very helpful. No web specials, and the Rock Star has gone into space. I do fear for the company's future.

They're on dodgy ground. They keep showing pictures and banging on about how expensive the pieces are compared to Rocks prices, but look again. They don't compare like with like as nearly every picture shown is accented with diamonds. Rocks stuff (cheaper bits) have white sapphires or white topaz. Therefore, this is not a true representation of price. Wonder what Trading Standards would make of it.

I'm sure presenters have been told not to mention anything about new rules, even the lovely John who usually tells us everything, good or bad, has been silenced. (I'll give him a week before he gets fed up and blows a fuse!) They'll just delete anything which isn't a compliment anyway

They're on dodgy ground. They keep showing pictures and banging on about how expensive the pieces are compared to Rocks prices, but look again. They don't compare like with like as nearly every picture shown is accented with diamonds. Rocks stuff (cheaper bits) have white sapphires or white topaz. :taphead: Therefore, this is not a true representation of price. Wonder what Trading Standards would make of it.
of the few hours of R&Co Ive tuned into, I have noticed this. Today even they were selling a ruby and white sapphire ring, but showed a shop window comparison of a ruby and diamond ring. If they carry on like this, they will go down the chute like bid.tv
Also, I'm extremely grateful regarding personal feedback re: purchasing from them, and the hassle of refunds. For this reason I will not be ordering my first gem piece from Rocks :mysmilie_850:

I don't want to rub salt in the wounds, but take it from someone who knows Rocks and Co will tell you whatever you want to hear.

The returns are piled in old boxes, and they are always at least 20+ days behind. 'Jabba' the MD is about as useful as a one legged man doing break-dancing - They must be doing ok, they have just paid everyone a bonus at the company. I read this and thought it was a disgrace that they could pay people a bonus, but not refund customers.

Ask them in the call centre, they are a ltd company, so should be able to disclose this information. Take it from someone who knows, they use cheap thai gold, the gem stones are purchased for pence, and a lot of the items are recycled between Rocks and Co and Juwelo in Germany. You'll notice they come back a few months later on a different product code, but they are classed as NEW and EXCLUSIVE - Is this even legal?

Some good people at Rocks and Co, but badly let down by very poor management

Latest posts

Back