Northern Nights Flannel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find flannel duvet and bottom sheet too much - feels like I'm in velcro!

However I do use the duvet cover as I agree the flannel is very nice in winter. I use two duvets in Winter both NN goose down but the lower fill power - so that in summer 1 is sufficient and then in winter I use both -and for the really cold months use a flannel cover on 1 of them!

I have a memory foam topper as all the featherbeds have gone flat!

Do the memory foam toppers work - my featherbeds have gone flat too, I put the newer down on top one on top of the older one - so have two on the bed at the moment.

Do you use them on their own or with your featherbed on top??

Slightly off topic- how do the feather beds work? Do you put on top of your mattress with the sheet over the top of it?

The flannel bedding sounds lovely. I love my cosy flannel PJs and flannel bedding would be really nice.

Lucie

Slightly off topic- how do the feather beds work? Do you put on top of your mattress with the sheet over the top of it?

The flannel bedding sounds lovely. I love my cosy flannel PJs and flannel bedding would be really nice.

Lucie

You put the featherbed on the mattress then you need a deep pocketed (like NN) sheet over both. It is lovely and so soft and snuggly - like the qvc quote of sleeping on a cloud - wouldnt be without mine now. One of the best things I have purchased from qvc. Have the one with the down on top - this is the softest - but most expensive. Upgraded from the normal one when it was a tsv a year or so ago.

Also won't sleep in anything but the flannel - it is sooo cosy and warm especially when you first get into bed.

I have a memory foam topper so no more electric blanket so swapping to flannel sounds like a great way to get the cosy snugglyness back.

I like the memory foam toppers and have had several NN flannel bed sets. We now have 2 adjustable beds linked together and so I needed 2 fitted single sheets and a ks top sheet plus duvet cover, so that the bedding is more adaptable according to the weather. QVC didn`t have what I wanted so I tried le redoute and the flannel from them is better, thicker and not bobbled

We do use the nn down duvet and it is always cosy and reliable. On the whole nn is a very good company. We had squashed feather beds and gave them away to a daughter who now uses them on the floor for her toddler to play on. Very cosy but the feathers break

I once had a fawn coloured down blanket from NN and it is absolutely fab on its own or in conjunction with something else

Last edited:
Love mine!

I have two "normal" cotton sheet, pillow, duvet cover sets and love those but my favourite is my flannel set - and I'm about to purchase another. They are so soft and cuddly and snuggly and they wash beautifully - can't recommend them enough. By the way I also have a feather bed and a duvet (and I always hated duvets because they weigh you down - this one doesn't!). So, as you can tell, I am an NN addict. One word of caution, though - if you have cats who sleep on the bed, you are going to have a devil of a job shifting them with that combination! They eshew every other room in the house - all of which have central heating radiators and instead prefer nights spent in my loft-converted and heated-by-tiny-electric-heater bedroom with wooden floor!

Well I washed the newest set I have BEFORE putting it on the bed this time and there was much less fluff.

I've not been sleeping well recently, but last night I managed to sleep right through the night so I wonder if it was the lovely snuggly flannel!!

Am seriously considering another set of those reduced snowflake sets as it looks so pretty and I hate the floral sets.

Have the one with the down on top - this is the softest - but most expensive. Upgraded from the normal one when it was a tsv a year or so ago.

Also won't sleep in anything but the flannel - it is sooo cosy and warm especially when you first get into bed.

I have a down on top one too and it is gorgeous, its worth paying that bit extra, love my flannel too its been a godsend after being a bit chilly this last week.

Well I washed the newest set I have BEFORE putting it on the bed this time and there was much less fluff.

I've not been sleeping well recently, but last night I managed to sleep right through the night so I wonder if it was the lovely snuggly flannel!!

Am seriously considering another set of those reduced snowflake sets as it looks so pretty and I hate the floral sets.

Hi Joan, sorry you are feeling a bit under the weather. Haven't bought the snowflake one but it does look nice.

You put the featherbed on the mattress then you need a deep pocketed (like NN) sheet over both. It is lovely and so soft and snuggly - like the qvc quote of sleeping on a cloud - wouldnt be without mine now. One of the best things I have purchased from qvc. Have the one with the down on top - this is the softest - but most expensive. Upgraded from the normal one when it was a tsv a year or so ago.

Thank you Rosey, I think I will have to treat myself. :5:

My girls love your avatar by the way.

Lucie

Latest posts

Back