Missing Yankees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Squeezyweezy

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while but I have decided to post today because I am angry.

I ordered 2 different sets of yankee candles on the 17th July. 1 of them arrived shortly after but the second set is still missing.

I rang QVC on Monday and they told me they would look into it. The parcel is being delivered by Hermes, I have never had any trouble with them before and am now on first name terms with my delivery lady. (I spend far too much money on QVC.) The hermes tracking site actually says that the order is being generated, which I have taken to mean it is still in the QVC warehouse. I rang them back to explain this, and I was once again told they would look into it.

Yesterday I received a letter form Q saying they will work closely with their delivery partners...blah blah blah. Will I sign this declaration to say I support QVC in their claim against the delivery company. What is that all about? Nothing was explained to me when I rang them, and I'm just wondering what they are going on about, especially as I have my suspicions that the missing candles are still in their warehouse. Plus, the letter was sent with no return envelope, and I am certainly not paying to post it.

This is the first big problem I have had with Q, but I have started to become more and more disheartened with the company for various reasons. This has really ticked me off though.

Any advice from you lovely people, is this the 'norm' when something goes missing.

Many thanks for reading,

Squeezy

Welcome SW I'm sure others will be able to give you good advice. As you can see we are all ticked off with Q because of one thing or another but at least here you can get it off your chest and hopefully a laugh as well.

Let us know what brands you like etc.

I'm afraid it's standard QVC procedure, the declaration letter and they rarely cover the postage back to them. It's infuriating when you (and they) can check its status online with the hermes online tracking, order generated being the first stage of the process and very likely still at QVC's warehouse. The clumsy wording in the letter makes it seem as though they don't believe you and that you've got your item and trying to pull a fast one when they could check in a couple of minutes and find out where it's got stuck.

Last edited:
I have had this happen a few times, you send the letter back and they phone you a few days later to check that it has still not arrived, they will then offer to send another if they gave it in stock or a refund. I have usually come go my senses then and decided that I didn't actually need the item though once it was a bargain hunter that I really wanted and was sold out. Another time it was a Royal Mail item which turned up the day after I sent the letter back, I rang to say it had arrived but that I wanted another 2 weeks added to my 30 days which they did

I've only ever had one thing lost and the letter you have received is standard.I wouldnt read too much into it - I would be really peed off by now and would want my money back asap (dont see why qvc should have my money and the product!!) so my advice to you is to get that letter signed and back as quick as poss.I know its annoying to have to pay the stamp - but QVC arent known for their lightening speed in correspondence so personally I'd just want it back and sorted.

They wont quibble it,like its been said they'll just phone you and ask you if its arrived since signing the letter and if not what do you want to do about it.In my case I'd heard nothing from them and no refund either after about 2 weeks after signing the letter so I had to phone them to chase the situation!!!

On the odd occasion where I have had an item go missing and had the letter , I sign it, scan it and email it back. They have never complained about me doing that and the refund gets processed a day or two quicker.

Thank you so much for all your quick responses. I will send the letter back today.

I just can't believe you are expected to pay for the stamp to send back a pointless letter, especially when it is obvious they still have the item. How frustrating all this is. The really annoying thing is that the candles were actually going to pressies for 2 friends who have just moved houses. *sigh*

I have many favourite brands from Q. Yankee, Elemis, L'Occitane, Lola Rose, Alpha H. I am a huge beauty junkee. I suffer from various illnesses and am home a lot of the time. QVC is usually on at some point through the day, and I like the ease of simply picking up the phone and having items delivered to my door. I love internet shopping for the same reasons.

I love internet shopping too SW.Its all just so easy to sit and doing it online from my settee.I hate paying P&P charges though...I think the internet shopping world is so competitive these days and free shipping always swings it for me.

Latest posts

Back