Ego Boost Instant Heat Pod TSV 02/08/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The term "Emperor's Clothes" springs to mind, so they're selling heated curlers that don't actually curl! JF just looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Asked my hairdresser, who quite up on what's what in the world of hairdressing, if she'd heard of EGO. Short answer "No".

Its a made-for-shopping-channel range.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Asked my hairdresser, who quite up on what's what in the world of hairdressing, if she'd heard of EGO. Short answer "No".

Its a made-for-shopping-channel range.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Ego is actually sold by quite a number of the hair trade places.

are heated rollers fashionable?? grandma's hair looked so dated after it had been done.....JF looked positively awful.....i dont anyone from any generation that uses them...

:blush: I use my big curl heated rollers on a regular basis but I don't think I look like a grandma! I'm not very good at blow drying or using curling tongs, but can get nice soft curls with my big rollers. However, they are ridiculous, as they only came with 5 rollers and as I've got a lot of hair, I have to do my hair in two goes.

I think I will stick with my Babyliss Big Hair , the tsv looks like hard work and rather expensive for heated rollers.....

Trouble is JF's hairstyle doesn't suit her face shape or hair type, so no amount if styling products are ever going to make it look good.

Re: Ego, I find their straighteners excellent, I think you get what you pay for with hair styling products. Having said that I've got curly hair so I've no idea of the average price ranges for curlers, heated rollers etc!

Last edited:
I have the Cloud Nine "O" which I have had for a few years now and it works really well. Mine was a lot more expensive than the TSV. However it is as good as the Cloud Nine version that it is well worth the money.
http://www.cloudninehair.com/the-o

yes i was surprised that claire s want do the launch as shes so well known for her heated rollers and her hair,even putting a blog about it on qvc...i wonder why she didnt do it?

I saw a little of the launch last night and thought JF's hair wasn't a good example of the TSV. Also heard the guest say that they did JF's hair she just wanted a little volume but was adamant that she didn't want curls. Hmmm, not exactly a ringing endorsement of the product.

I heard that too. If it had been my product being show-cased, I would have fairly strongly asserted that it is the presenters job to showcase the product, that is the only reason they are on air, not to be picky about what they will or won't do!

I think I would consider buying the EGO hairdryer but, because I still remember Carmen heated rollers - available at all good car boots now - £107.94 incl. postage seems an extortionate price, even considering the rate of inflation. Can you imagine answering the door in your Ego Boost rollers?!

Latest posts

Back