Having an outrage moment !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Took delivery this morning of a Dreamkeeper shawl, (y'know, lightweight, sequins, that sort of thing that normally arrives in a plastic bag - for wedding next week) - it arrived in a HUGE SQUARE CARDBOARD BOX !!

Tried on, not worth the money, so off I went to the PO. Needed oxygen when told the return postage price..........£5.60 first class or £5.20 second class !! "Its the size of the box you see" I was told.

Why should we pay £3.95 to get a product to us, yet over a fiver to return ????

A letter is now on its way to the Chief Exec. I've had enough.:headbang:

Thanks G/M , I have to admit that thought never occurred to me. The box was so bl....dy big I was glad to offload it to be honest, instead of carting all the way home again. IF there is a rare occasion when I order again from qvc, then I shall keep your 'tip' in mind.

Yes, I would have put it in a clear poly bag, then into a post bag, to return it in. I always keep a couple of the blue QVC outer bags for returns in instances like this. Double whammy with the p&p costs both ways, so annoying.

yes, I'd have popped it in a bag too. I think most of you know my views on the P & P so I'll say no more!

I once returned a lightweight coat that arrived in a slightly dented, huge box. I rang CS and told them the box was damaged and they told me to return it in a plastic bag. So I returned it with a black bin liner round it.

It would have fit in a padded envelope, probably. I would have been complainig if it had cost less to return, than I paid to receive it, not the other way around. Whilst I agree the Q's postage charges can be over the top, it seems they can't win.

I was also told that to get the refund ALL the original packaging had to be returned, although if you throw a fit they send you a label :)

CC

you are supposed to return all the original packaging but if the outer packet / box was damaged for whatever reason - could be damaged if using scissors to get into the outer packaging :tongue: you are responsible to return the item safely and securely in alternate outer packaging. I was told this by customer services.

Last edited:
I thought you had to return the original packaging. Does that not include the box then?
I very rarely return in their original packagaing, unless it is something big like a coat, but jewellery goes in a small plastic bag and then one of their jiffy bags, and they have never complained. The boxes they use to despatch jewellery are beyond ridiculous, two tiny earrings in a huge box, especially veronese items.

It's very rare I receive an undamaged box from the couriers, with the new royal mail pricing it can work out very expensive to send oversized boxes or bags, as long as you are not damaging the item and it is protected, I think it is OK to re-package items for return.

It's very rare I receive an undamaged box from the couriers, with the new royal mail pricing it can work out very expensive to send oversized boxes or bags, as long as you are not damaging the item and it is protected, I think it is OK to re-package items for return.

Especially as they deny selling returns until recently. What do they need the original packaging for?

Latest posts

Back