Dear God,Strike me with thunder if I do this again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I'm on school holidays at the moment,I seem to be watching QVC more than ever.And invariably because I'm watching,I'm buying :thinking:

Today I've sent back 4 parcels because when they've arrived and the items are so horrible,cant believe I've bought them in the first place :dull:

And at £2.60 per parcel,thats a lot of wasted money....oh why oh why do I do this :taphead::taphead:

I'm on school holidays at the moment,I seem to be watching QVC more than ever.And invariably because I'm watching,I'm buying :thinking:

Today I've sent back 4 parcels because when they've arrived and the items are so horrible,cant believe I've bought them in the first place :dull:

And at £2.60 per parcel,thats a lot of wasted money....oh why oh why do I do this :taphead::taphead:
I'm glad I'm not the only one

that used to be me !

now when I place and order I try and do it using the crap interactive red button, because by the time it comes up I may have 'cooled off' and realised I don't need 'it' after all.

And then I have that hour after placing my order to actually do a bit of researching .. it is as good a deal as i thought ? and if not, then onto my QVC online account and hit the 'cancel order button' - you have around an hour or so before you can't cancel.

Or if/when it arrives and reality has struck and I don't want/need it (this is usually sometime between placing the order and the magic 7 day deadline) I drop QVC cust services and email quoting DSR and ask for my p&p back .

then finally the good old 30 MBG ...

but TBH I've ordered very little this year (I used to be getting deliveries virtually every day - and had to hide them from my other half !!)

Hope this helps you manage you addiction :drunk:

have to be honest I've been managing my addiction really well lately - really good at FARTING but obviously school holidays are my downfall! I've noticed an increase of my internet shopping generally actually in the last couple of weeks - the amount I've bought from catalogues (and sent back!!) has increased also.I'm clearly on some sort of excess spiral at the moment!!!

Internet hopping is just to so easy....and I hate paying P&P so you'd think id be able to stay well away from qvc!! I've got the laura geller tsv to come,hopefully that will be ok.that said i never feel bad about anything i send back - i dont use the item - i dont use my 30 day mbg - i had *The Letter* years and years ago and was frightened to send anything back after that - now I'm not - but apart from this episode i buy very little from them now so i dont tend to give the letter a second thought.

its nice that a local boutique shop has opened just up the road from me and the stuff up there is soooooo up my street.my mind is begining to tell me to spend my money there and i begining to thnk that i wont buy certain things elsewhere so i can put that money towards something in the shop.i was in there earlier though and i picked a few things up and i was adding up the cost thinking oo-er this is quite a lot of money...but somehow i dont bat an eyelid at some of the money and costs of things ive bought on qvc????probably because ive been convinced its such a bargain by a presenter??!!

My Q purchases were higher when I was on maternity leave. And my returns were higher too. Ordering much less now.

Mum sticks anything she thinks she's interested in into the website basket and after a while, 9 times out of 10 she's decided she doesn't really want or need it. Saves a lot of money in purchase costs and return postage!

2 of the 4 items were qvc's birthday treats (yes i can too can hear qvc shouting SUCKER!!!!!!) one was totally impulsive and weather related and impulsive and the last being a waitlist order.

If you have 5+ parcels to go back ask at the PO about Parcelforce Consignment (search this forum and you'll find I'm always banging on about it). My all time record was 14 parcels returned, fully insured, guaranteed 48 service all for about £13. Coupled with DSR cancellation it's saved me a fortune. All I'm risking is "The Letter". I tend to order lots at the same time and then nothing for ages so these bulk returns are ideal for me. My name is Akimbo and I'm a shopping bulimic!

I know I know most of us have been there!when I slip & order something I don't like/need in any way I return thinking well it is a lot less than keeping & spending the full amount.I am getting much better these days although I did order the LG TSV the other day although I had decreed I wouldn't.I have to be very careful when I am watching Q with laptop on & glass of wine in hand---like I ordered 2 DMQ rings lately which I liked but would never have the occasion to wear, went back the same day they arrived.Cost of around £16 in postage but refunds over £100, thats a lot of wine!

I had an 'eek ring in / out of my basket several times the other day, then decided I didn't need it, feeling very pleased with myself..... then I ended up buying a NN 6 piece duvet set ! It is lovely though, it arrived this morning.

i love NN but ive totally weaned myself off that addiction too.I've got so much bedlinen...i do love it though (why??) but now ive recently changed my bed size its such a waste that ive got so much just sitting in the cupboard unused.Ive taken to buying my bedlinen is matalan at the moment...ive got over my snobbery on 50/50 mixed fibres and they're so cheap in matalan!!

It's simple watch less QVC buy less!

I think my problem is that I love finding those blue bags or packages in my post box. When I come home and find the box only contains publicity for the local supermarket or worse, nothing at all, I feel ignored!

When I have ordered something, I take the post box key with me and race home after work and check the box as soon as I arrive home, and what a lovely feeling to find it packed full of goodies to open! When I am not expecting anything, I don't even know where the key is!

I to only order on line and use the in and out of the basket method of "contraception" especially as it gives you the total INCLUDING P&P which always brings me up short and I just close the page until the next time.
They must hate me at Q towers as it must mess with their stock control something chronic.
I was watching the other day and DF was ranting on and on about get it now I don't have many left and felt the urge to add 100's to my basket just to see what would happen!!
Silly I know but I don't get out much these days and must take my pleasure where I can find it.

i love NN but ive totally weaned myself off that addiction too.I've got so much bedlinen...i do love it though (why??) but now ive recently changed my bed size its such a waste that ive got so much just sitting in the cupboard unused.Ive taken to buying my bedlinen is matalan at the moment...ive got over my snobbery on 50/50 mixed fibres and they're so cheap in matalan!!

That post made me chuckle dottie as I have loads of NN and I've had to curb my purchases. My airing cupboard is quite big - not anymore. It's overloaded with NN :)

Fortunately what Q is selling is of less interest to me nowadays so my spending is automatically curbed :)

I think my problem is that I love finding those blue bags or packages in my post box. When I come home and find the box only contains publicity for the local supermarket or worse, nothing at all, I feel ignored!

When I have ordered something, I take the post box key with me and race home after work and check the box as soon as I arrive home, and what a lovely feeling to find it packed full of goodies to open! When I am not expecting anything, I don't even know where the key is![/QUOT

lololol love it ..i totally relate to your excitement ...:mysmilie_500:

I to only order on line and use the in and out of the basket method of "contraception" especially as it gives you the total INCLUDING P&P which always brings me up short and I just close the page until the next time.
They must hate me at Q towers as it must mess with their stock control something chronic.
I was watching the other day and DF was ranting on and on about get it now I don't have many left and felt the urge to add 100's to my basket just to see what would happen!!
Silly I know but I don't get out much these days and must take my pleasure where I can find it.

I do the basket thing too Madmax. I close the page and hey presto! I get an email from Q reminding me about the thinks still in my basket. How kind of them!

I had an 'eek ring in / out of my basket several times the other day, then decided I didn't need it, feeling very pleased with myself..... then I ended up buying a NN 6 piece duvet set ! It is lovely though, it arrived this morning.
Your post made me chuckle, isn't a full duvet set a little ostentatious when worn on your ring finger lol...

Your post made me chuckle, isn't a full duvet set a little ostentatious when worn on your ring finger lol...

Haha, yes, I was in a dither about the ring - should I / shouldn't I - then felt really proud of myself for not buying it. Then sometime later, was just 'browsing' the site and saw the lovely NN set and as I had wanted a white set for some time, just decided to buy it. It is lovely but the ring would have cost £25 and the bed set cost £67 - I probably would have been better financially just buying the flippin ring. Ah well, I do like the bed set, there are 6 pieces in it and I'm sure it will last me........... I still like the ring though.....

Latest posts

Back