QVC UK Make One Million A Day????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
This appeared on QVC FB page.

Reading the September issue of InStyle magazine, where there is an interview with Giles Deacon:

"You recently went on QVC..."

"We did a jewellery line with them, it was fascinating. It's an amazing machine. It's entertainment-if the audience doesn't get drawn in they'll switch over. But it's totally brilliant, I got really into it. They take a million pounds a day-and that's a bad day!"

So how much did they used to make in their hey day?????

Beauty accounts for 30% of sales, so must be the bigger seller for them now.

If they're making that much profit then it's about time they had a very low and fixed P&P charge.

That's not profit, they t/o c£1m a day, although there is a seasonal bias, so they'll take more than that in H2 and less than that in H1. Despite all the frustration from long-standing customers on here, I strongly suspect that QVC sales are still growing. The roll-out of digital TV to all households will have generated LFL sales increases without them having to do very much at all, and many of us on here know that when you first start as a customer of Q, you tend to buy a lot impulsively, and later start to become more discerning and then become downright bored. They will also have experienced growth from their multi-channel sales (On the app, on the web) etc. If I remember correctly, about 5 years ago they were t/o c£315m, so now appear to have grown to c£360m. Don't mistake the downturn in hours at the call-centre with a drop in income, that will be due very largely to more and more customers becoming more and more willing to order directly via a variety of methods.

I still think that le Q are heading towards a major downturn, but as with many large retailer (think M&S), it usually takes 3-4 years before bad business decisions today turn into major profit issues tomorrow.

It was said on a FB forum that warehouse staff have been sent home as they were not needed. People who are full time never knowing how many hours they will get per week. The person has a family member working in the warehouse.

business is business these companies don want to spend a penny on staff if they don't have to as the song says "its all about the money"

QVC UK Make One Million A Day??

I read somewhere, hope I have got this right, that Amazon have taken on 7000 workers! no decline there!

Littlewoods have just closed their Shop direct call centre in Liverpool. I think all retailers are cutting down on call centre staff as internet and automated telephone systems advance, it's a shame

The answer is to call the contact centre and not use Q-Cut or the web to purchase - that's the only way to keep the call centre staff in jobs.

Nearly every firm is cutting costs as much as possible. As much as I hate it everything is going IT wise now and less humans are needed. I have a very strange feeling that one day all this will implode and we'll all regret it!!

Problem is everyone I know loves being able to shop online, browse online, look at houses, cars, clothes, chat to friends, go on forums etc etc. the list is endless. You book a holiday now and you can know exactly what the room, hotel, foyer, restaurant, street, town etc looks like before.

The world is changing and so is Q. I'm not happy about it, but its happening anyway :-(

the sad thing is when your unemployed its all "your fault" according to the government!

The answer is to call the contact centre and not use Q-Cut or the web to purchase - that's the only way to keep the call centre staff in jobs.
I always try to use a normal till at the supermarket rather than a self-service one to help keep people in a job. I'm afraid my QVC orders are so few and far between these days that my method of ordering will make very little difference to them.

Latest posts

Back