Cambrian Mountain @ £96

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Big Dave

Guest Shopper
£96 for that lamb?? I'm sure it's lovely but it's a lot to pay out even of its on easy pay. I always wonder who buys all these things. I try and support my local butchers, they are very good and lovely people.

I notice that over the years Q have gone through quite a few companies. I did once buy from the Buccleigh Estates and it was good but no better. Since then, they seem to change companies yearly.

I always think its to con people into something new :giggle:

I like to have a look and a prod before I buy especially for that sort of money.

I am never sure how the 30 dmbg works when you order food.
Lynn

You buy it, cook it, serve it in your restaurant, charge a fortune, make loads, then say you didn't like it and get your money back lemonthelake lol !

I don't know either but I'm sure people try all sorts :wait:

Try Lidl

Mr Buddy or can I call you Strato? I did a bulk buy of Magnum ice creams in Lidl, very very cheap indeed.

Only thing was they weren't actually Magnum's as the were Lidl's own. Oh and they didn't taste like them either :-(

They do a very good French onion soup though :)

I am never sure how the 30 dmbg works when you order food.
Lynn

When I bought a Christmas food parcel I phoned Customer Services and asked them. Apparently, if you eat it and don't like it then you just send the wrappers back for a refund as you can't send food back if you've eaten it and they don't want the remaining things back as they'll defrost and go maggoty in the post. I haven't ever sent food back as it has all been delicious, if a tad expensive.

CC

I try to feed 3 of us for at least 2 if not 3 weeks for that sort of money.
There is so much food poverty in our country at the moment.
I think it is unethical of Q to be flogging meat at those sort of prices. How ever nice it is. The profit is going to Q NOT the hard working farmer who produced the meat.
Yes buy meat but buy it locally and support your local economy.
Sorry I will climb down off my soap box now!!

I try to feed 3 of us for at least 2 if not 3 weeks for that sort of money.
There is so much food poverty in our country at the moment.
I think it is unethical of Q to be flogging meat at those sort of prices. How ever nice it is. The profit is going to Q NOT the hard working farmer who produced the meat.
Yes buy meat but buy it locally and support your local economy.
Sorry I will climb down off my soap box now!!

Totally agree madmax on a personal level but good tasting to anyone who ordered.

Has anyone had good experience of meat off Q in the past?

£96?

I would want part of an actual Cambrian mountain for that price, not a part of a lamb

I have bought the Christmas meat parcel off QVC for quite a few years and last year I bought a lamb parcel as well. Yes, it is expensive, however, there's only two of us, the meat is really delicious and as we chop the joints up they last us well into the new year (depends on how much you eat I suppose). I recently bought a £10 piece of silverside off a local butcher and it was quite small and tough as old boots. Made Q's meat seem better value. I don't mind paying if it's good and in my experience it is.

Way too expensive for what ur actually getting , I cant understand why Qvc keep coming up with theres different companies selling over priced meat. It would be cheaper to get a taxi to ur local butcher or supermarket and back than but from Qvc

I didn't see it so have no idea what you get for your £96 but a few years ago I got a whole lamb cut up into whatever cuts I wanted for me from a local farmer for £35. I even got to choose which one I wanted from the field (tried not to think about that bit when I was enjoying my lamb chops lol)

Latest posts

Back