Telephone caller during diamond show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
All was going well, although Barbara couldn't afford to buy diamonds she was enjoying the show. Plenty of chat until when asked if she had other Q jewelery and did she find it wonderful. "by and large, some dodgy bits" replied Barbara and thereafter she was given the boot, couldn't get rid of her quick enough
Good old Barbara for being honest!

The gallery will have the finger on the button ready to cull them.I wonder if there is a few seconds delay from being "Live" to give them chance.

It is strange that it was let through. I once got in to talk on a show and when I was finished I started watching again and there I was. So I imagine there is a few minutes delay as standard.

yes there's a slight delay - someone in the gallery talks to you, tells you about various noises, turn this off turn that off etc etc and I muted the telly of course, but the lips didn't sync with what I was hearing - a bit disorienting actually! This was many years ago tho.

I remember the James Whale radio show on C4 at midnight till 4am on a Friday night. All phone in and all on delay for a couple of seconds. He was so on the ball but one caller got one through to Madge Bishop from neighbours. It was hilarious, but too rude to repeat here :mysmilie_847:

All was going well, although Barbara couldn't afford to buy diamonds she was enjoying the show. Plenty of chat until when asked if she had other Q jewelery and did she find it wonderful. "by and large, some dodgy bits" replied Barbara and thereafter she was given the boot, couldn't get rid of her quick enough
Good old Barbara for being honest!

She did say but the excellent customer service team sorted them, then she was given the boot! :grin:

Oooh I would LOVE to have seen this. QVC is too slick and polished. I just live for those rare moments when something like this happens on air! The Jewellery Channel is is quite entertaining for things going wrong. There's a woman on there with short-ish brown hair who comes out with the utmost rubbish! Very amusing! "Ooh look, here's a Swarovski zirconia pendent, originally priced at £6850. Shall I? Shall I give to you? Oh alright lets do the price plunge! Only £18.94 I need you on the phones do come in and join me....!"

Maybe we'll see the Protect-a-Bed demo! Or the time when Claire Sutton was demonstrating the "I-Joy Ride" (a sort of bucking bronco thing) but she turned it on too high and gyrated around before falling off! I could kill to see that clip again! The shocked look on her bimbette face made her look like a cross between Debbie McGee and an inflatable sex doll!

Latest posts

Back