Is it Clogau - or not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Just flicking through the Argos catalogue, and saw the words "St Davids Gold". Ah, thought I, is that Clogau? All 4 pieces are rose gold and silver, and look to be in the same style as CG. The cat states that each piece of jewellery contains 'a touch of rare welsh gold'. Now, I know the Clogau mine is called the St David's mine but, had the Argos range been genuine CG, surely the first two words to pop out of the page would be CG. Or is there some legal contractual clause which does not allow anyone else to use the words CG? Also, the symbols dissplayed are not the official ones as used on the Q, and the CG website. I could be mistake, but, if my memory serves me correctly, Argos did stock a range they actually called CG, a couple of years back. Any thoughts?

You are right: Argos definitely had Clogau in an earlier catalogue. Don't suppose it matters, really, as long as you like the design. There's no Welsh gold still mined, so the whole brand has a bit of wishful thinking about it. Perhaps they should call it Homoeopathic Gold (i.e. not a trace of the supposed original material still remains in the finished product)?

Ben Roberts, who was on with the recent tsv, did mention something about there being the chance of opening up another mine. My belief was that gold from the St David's mine, was the last chance to get a piece of CG! After that, no more!

Latest posts

Back