Cooks Essentials TSV 11/08/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks nice. Have been disappointed with cooks essential pans lately. The quality of a Tsv i bought was was poor compared to my original set and has already scratched. The enamel paint on the red is very thin. Having said I like the pans as they are light and easy to use. Just think the quality is not as good as it once was.

I've got a couple of the cooks essentials buffet pans with the black nonstick coating which I bought years ago. The non stick is brilliant. I've seen poor reviews about the coloured non stick interior, though.

The original ones are quite good but the coloured non stick is not!

The original ones are quite good but the coloured non stick is not!

I've have these 3 saucepans shown in the tsv photo's, had them about 2-3 years and they are brilliant. I love the lids which have pouring holes so there's no danger of dropping your potatoes down the drain when pouring the water off! Have another set of the similar ones (stainless steel, glass lids etc, but with knobs on the lids rather than the handle type lids) that I bought about 6 years ago and they are still brill too. Dont hesitate if you are interested in these stainless steel ones, mine are as good as new, no scratching and I use them everyday.

I have a couple of CE chef's pans, which are fine for day to day use, but my heart now belongs to a 4 piece stainless steel Le Crueset pan set. About once a month, I pop over to the Harts of Stur website and look longingly at them :)

I have has 2 sets of Cooks essential sauce pans.
The second set I brought with the refund I got back from Q after returning my original set after 6 or 7 years under the "life time" Guarantee they offer with these pans.
I would recommend them if you are looking for a good all round pan.
After all how many pans come with a life time guarantee.

Depending on how much this is. I am tempted to box them up and replace old for new as I do like the fact they are not heavy to handle once full!

cook's essentials Colour Smart Stainless Steel 4 Piece Cookware Set
QVC Price £78.50
Item no 801783
Today's Special Value Price £64.98
P&P £7.95

Four-piece Colour Smart stainless steel cookware set from cook's essentials. Features four polished stainless steel pans with lids including our most popular sizes, each designed with the new non-stick coloured interior coating. This easy-care set is ideal for cooking, re-heating and baking or simply for updating your kitchen essentials.

The durable coating - the new Colour Smart coating is manufactured by Whitford and is both durable and non-stick to help food cook quicker and more evenly. It's so durable that you can use metal, nylon and wooden utensils when cooking and serving too.

Versatile for everyday cooking - this set is great for stewing, boiling, frying, braising and even baking, so, you're well equipped for every meal time.

•Oven safe to 240C (464F)
•Suitable for all hob types including induction
•Dishwasher safe but hand washing is recommended

Colour options:

•Black
•Cream
•Red

Contains:

•1 x 16cm (6.2") saucepan with lid - 1.4L
•1 x 18cm (7") saucepan with lid - 1.9L
•1 x 20cm (7.8") saucepan with lid - 2.8L
•1 x 24cm (9.3") everyday pan with lid

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=801783&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Why can't Cooks Essentials do all its colours in its colour TSVs (or indeed all its colour items). I have their teal air fryer. They should have teal in this.

This is why I'm sticking to boring old stainless steel with a splash of bog-standard black non-stick.

Not quite related to the TSV, but amazed to watch the current demo of the mini fryer with the presenter trying to tell us it's a healthy way of deep fat frying because it gets to the correct temperature. Deary me.

Latest posts

Back