Cooks Essentials TSV 11/08/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why can't Cooks Essentials do all its colours in its colour TSVs (or indeed all its colour items). I have their teal air fryer. They should have teal in this.

they have never done teal in the colour smart ones as that is a new range and i dont even think america have teal in it, they used to do some duck egg blue items but not many

dent.JPGIs it just me or did they just show a dented pan on screen when they brought out the roast?

I wanted the cream but they had sold out before I made up my mind. Bought the red instead. They look good but haven't used them yet as been away.

Hope the pans are OK for you. I liked the red set but it put me off when Simon kept saying it was better to use silicone tools to avoid marks on the coloured lining, even though the none stick would not be affected. The ability to use metal utensils was always a good selling point for CE pans.

I returned a CE casserole pan - similar to the one in the TSV set which was supposed to allow metal utensils which had become non stick. I had very rarely used metal utensils on it. I like the lids on this set which allow water to be strained off and also the pouring spouts. I bought them to replace a glass set which I'd had for at least 20 years and were heavy. The new set is only just a little lighter. Hopefully 20 years from these ones though I doubt it with the nonstick. I've only ever had nonstick frying pans and they always get chucked after a few years because the coating has gone.

I've had a CE small frying pan that marked and although no deep gauges, lost some of it's none stick. I contacted QVC but between me and the advisor, it was difficult trying to identify which set it belonged to and I would have had to return all the set, not just the faulty item. She sent me a print out of all my purchases ( which was a bit frightening) and I gave up looking. I ended up throwing the pan out. It is the only one that became unusable. I bought a large stockpot last December which did show some slight surface marks from stirring but the none stick is ok. I will keep my eye on it and have kept the invoice in my kitchen file.

(it's a bit embarrassing that my cooking ahem skills, are such that the praised CE none stick lining fails on me):giggle:

(it's a bit embarrassing that my cooking ahem skills, are such that the praised CE none stick lining fails on me):giggle:

Don't be embarrassed, DollyDimple, as they don't claim that the non-stick will last a a life time, what they provide is a promise that they offer a life-time replacement guarantee. If you listen very carefully to what they say, they don't claim that the pans won't wear, just if they do, they'll replace them. Of course, they are working on the principal that 99% of buyers won't bother or be like you were, unable to identify the exact pan set.

Latest posts

Back