Returned item that didn't look like it.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Have just received a Dennis Basso coat. The packaging looks absolutely pristine and factory fresh - no sticker with two barcodes, fresh sticky tape etc. It really looks as though it's just left the factory. Even opening it up was fine - all the tissue paper intact etc. Then it was tried on and we found a used Pret-a-Manger napkin in one of the pockets. Yuck! So how would this have happened - is it possible QVC have repacked it themselves and resold it, or would they have sent it back to a Basso distribution place in the UK who may have repackaged it? I've tried my best to package it back up neatly, but it's obvious that it's been opened now. If it wasn't for that tissue, I'd have thought this was factory fresh.

They should pay for return or collect it from you Moth. I received a Flexy-Back with someone's return slip with it, QVC dispatched another one straight after my call to CS.
It looked well packed but the return slip was inside of the manual. They will also deny sending out a used item as I'm sure they have a script for ths.

Last edited:
To be fair, I have spoken to CS and they agreed to collect it right away. The guy on the 'phone didn't try to deny sending out returns but did say he didn't know how it could have happened. He will advise quality control about it. I presume that all the returns stock had been sent somewhere to be repackaged as I also noticed after that there were no original Basso tags in the coat either.

Of course Q send out returns, everybody knows this but CS are programmed to deny it. However, I did get an admission of sorts when discussing this very subject with James Churchill in the finance department when they closed my account. When I asked if my returns quota included the items that I sent back because they were obviously returned goods he went all defensive and said that it's no different to buying an item of clothing in Marks & Spencer because I could also be buying an item that had been returned....

:happy:Moth...a napkin you say :thinking:...just don't let your mum spit on it and wipe your face!:tongue:

Of course Q send out returns, everybody knows this but CS are programmed to deny it. However, I did get an admission of sorts when discussing this very subject with James Churchill in the finance department when they closed my account. When I asked if my returns quota included the items that I sent back because they were obviously returned goods he went all defensive and said that it's no different to buying an item of clothing in Marks & Spencer because I could also be buying an item that had been returned....
M&S sometimes reduce items that has been returned, I can't see QVC doing that:thinking:

No of course they won't, but they will keep on lying about not sending out returned items despite many, many reports on here that prove the contrary.

M&S sometimes reduce items that has been returned, I can't see QVC doing that:thinking:

And that is exactly why I am not going on Waitlist for the LG bag in raspberry. Don't want one someone else has used thank you very much, not when I am paying full price.

Oh no! Your poor thing, that is disgusting. A used napkin is somehow so reminiscent of Dennis!

I think I received a used make up item the other day, that will be going back and I'm going to demand my original postage back. The comparison to M and S is so strange, they don't encourage people to wear stuff for 30 days. Just the other day I heard them on the Vionic show saying how they really encourage you to use the 30 day mbg and go to the shops etc in the shoes.

I agree with you Catherine. The comparison made to M&S was an attempt imo to mitigate the fact that Q DO send out returns without actually being 100% truthful and admitting it outright. It was said defensively to imply that M&S *probably* sell returned goods so what's the difference if Q do the same?? The difference is that QVC (customer service) lie about it. :rolleyes:

*Note to James Churchill, QVC Finance Department*

I'm sure we all realise that when we buy anything from a shop it may be returned goods but the difference is we can actually see the item before we buy and reject it if it looks used in any way. Clothing sold by such a large company as M&S in all probability may have been tried on already in store but we have the opportunity to inspect the garments and reject them before we commit to buy, and that is the crucial difference. Get it?? :taphead:

Last edited:
I've been with QVC for over 10yrs now and I'm sure the state of returned items they send out to customers were never this bad.
I bought a 3pk of the Aaaah Bras, which arrived as new but when I took the white one of the bag, it had little stain dots on the cups together with a couple of black hairs yuck!!! I immediately put it back in the bag, then stuck post-it notes with big arrows pointing to the offending areas, before returning.
They appologised and said that it should never of happened and sent out a returns label, then asked if I wanted a replacement, er, no thank you...just glad it wasn't nickers, now that would have been even yuckier lol!

But of course with high street stores only unused goods are accepted as returns and things like underwear, cosmetics, hairpieces and pierced earrings are non returnable, where as Q will accept everything back and encourage that the customer try them out first. This is very concerning if they are then re-selling them!

Sorry but forgive me for laughing out loud - a used napkin! A Pret napkin! Hahahahaha! At least it wasn't a McDonalds napkin! so at least the previous owner would have been middle class! What else did you find in there? A till receipt from Waitrose? A tube of l'Occitane hand cweem? Was a lip print blot of plum lipstick on the napkin? Did the coat have the faint fragrance of "Poison" by Christian Dior? Maybe the coat is part of his "Pret a Porter" range! Ahahahahahahahahahahahah! Hahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Pret serviette dans la poche! Pret servetele kisienyje!

Sorry but forgive me for laughing out loud - a used napkin! A Pret napkin! Hahahahaha! At least it wasn't a McDonalds napkin! so at least the previous owner would have been middle class! What else did you find in there? A till receipt from Waitrose? A tube of l'Occitane hand cweem? Was a lip print blot of plum lipstick on the napkin? Did the coat have the faint fragrance of "Poison" by Christian Dior? Maybe the coat is part of his "Pret a Porter" range! Ahahahahahahahahahahahah! Hahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Pret serviette dans la poche! Pret servetele kisienyje!

LOL I wished I'd checked the rest of the pockets now! I stopped at that point and repacked it.

Plus the main difference between finding a 'used' or tried-on item in M+S is that you get the option to inspect it first, before you buy it, and swap it for another. You are buying from Q 'as seen on TV' and therefore, brand new and hopefully, in box!

How bloomin' long does it take QVC to get anything done? After sending out uninspected used items, it's now been 10 days and there's not even a sniff of my refund yet. And I'm still seeing these items being flogged on air as new. No apology, no remorse at all about the poor service. I really really wonder why any of us still use them. I am so disillusioned now and the underhanded way they work. My love affair with the channel has come to an end. Rather than looking forward to anything now, the products and presenters just depress me. Not to mention the fact they are now far more expensive that almost all of the competition. I feel sorry for those who can't shop elsewhere.

yes im very disillusioned with qvc at the moment,have ordered a fair bit since ive been off work due to school holidays and i dont really like any of it for the price.think its all going back and just sticking my kipling tsv's.

I have said this many times in the past, report to trading standards what they are doing is illegal , and if they keep getting away with it they will still do it

Latest posts

Back