Mally TSV 27/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well my loves i survived 24 hrs without ordering OMG.

Me too, little missy molly! Especially glad I did, as when I went to bed last night, I got out all my existing Mally eyeshadows and realised that I already had a lot of the shades in the palettes including Plum Glow, Lavender Glow and Shimmering Taupe. Once I combine this with my Christmas Bobbi Brown pallete, I reckon I'm there, especially as I know I would not use some of the more "extreme" combinations (great for younger folk, but don't want to look like mutton at my age!).

Woohoo! My lovely friend in Wales spotted the TSV, figured I'd want it (she knows me too well!! *blush*) and bought one of each! I've asked for the colour palette, I have UD's Naked 1&2 so i reckon I'm set for neutrals...

YAY!

I thought Alison looked fantastic in that green and purple smokey eye, as did Nalintha. So much so that it swayed me into ordering the colour option.

I have to say that I've found the video that was on the QVC US site to be very useful. I've never got on with the Mally eye primer (thought it was too heavy and yellow) but now I've learnt it was actually my technique that was wrong and that I was beng far too heavy handed with it. Today at 6.30am I followed the video tutorial for the In The Buff Neutral look, including the light tap, tap, tap of the eye primer, as I had an important business meeting including a presentation to do today. So, at 10pm at night, after two long, hot 3-hr car journeys and a full business day, I've just removed my In the Buff Neutral look and before I did, it was looking exactly the same as when I applied it this morning. Bullet Proof!!!!

Had to dig this thread up - does anyone find the brush very poor? One end is far to fanned out and fluffy to provide any precision or pick up much shadow, and the other end - even when I tap off the excess - disperses bits of shadow and shimmer down your face. My Real Techniques brushes do the job perfectly, but it's frustrating that the brush provided doesn't make the set feel complete.

Great colour palette though :)

Last edited:
Had to dig this thread up - does anyone find the brush very poor? One end is far to fanned out and fluffy to provide any precision or pick up much shadow, and the other end - even when I tap off the excess - disperses bits of shadow and shimmer down your face. My Real Techniques brushes do the job perfectly, but it's frustrating that the brush provided doesn't make the set feel complete.

Great colour palette though :)

Brush is useless. I use my Mac/Bobbi brown brushes to apply. The colours are lovely although I have the Naked palette so I'm weighing up if its worth keeping (I do think Mallys is good as the shadows are more Matt)
Not bothered by the eye primer- I find my urban decay & benefit ones work better for me

Has everyone been trying out the different looks? I have to admit that although I didn't go for the TSV, it did encourage me to dust down and use colours in existing palettes that I own but haven't used. Pleased so far with the results, and come to the conclusion that I should experiment with colour a but more.

Latest posts

Back