A whole chapter on lamps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sydney Starlett

Registered Shopper
I have not read Julia's book and never will but she just mentioned while presenting the Tiffany STYLE lighting TSV that chapter 29 of her literary masterpiece is all about the 29 tiffany 'style' lamps she has. Julia dear this is beyond banal! For lords sake woman if you don't have anything to write about please don't write at all........

You took the words right out of my mouth sydney. Within seconds of the TSV launch she was plugging her book. Yes dear we know you wrote a book, you remind us everytime you`re on air !

Tee hee! I switched on to see the tsv as I was just curious to see if Tiffany style lamps would be as hideous as I feared they would be... And I thought I had mis-heard when Julia said that about her book...! Oh my! She said she couldn't buy anymore because she'd have to re-write it if she did.
I was just dumb-struck by the thought that anyone would want one of these monstrosities in their home let alone 29?!!
They're not cheap either. I just can't imagine what sort of home these would fit in
- No offence to anyone who finds them attractive, each to their own I suppose ;)
On the plus side the guest does seem like a lovely chap...

PS. As I type this, she's just plugged and shown the item number for the book at 1am... Apparently they're very low in stock!!

Mrs Cynical here. I can't imagine she would pay the on-screen price; and WHERE would you put 29 lamps ??? (a house that smacks of 'clutter' to me).

i heard jr say that shes writing another book now (cant remember what show that was on) but she likened something or someone to the character in her new book.

as for the tiffany lights,I do like them - I have 4 - I have a victorian home and they look lovely in the winter.I'm not going for the tsv,as I dont think its anything special for the price - although its a bigger lamp than I thought it was going to be

i heard jr say that shes writing another book now (cant remember what show that was on) but she likened something or someone to the character in her new book.
Oh gawd. Another load of old cobblers no doubt. However, I'm thinking of writing one now, it's going to be called '10 Times Round The Block' and I've already penned one enthralling chapter about the time I encountered next door's cat who had wandered off....:sleepy:

as for the tiffany lights,I do like them - I have 4 - I have a victorian home and they look lovely in the winter.I'm not going for the tsv,as I dont think its anything special for the price - although its a bigger lamp than I thought it was going to be
I have some and I love them too RD. I live in a Victorian dolls house lol and they look appropriate imo. I have 2 as bedside lamps and 2 in the living room but that's enough. How anyone can possibly house 29 is beyone my imagination and I think that amount would cheapen the look of them. JR has obviously never heard the phrase gilding the lily. :rolleyes:

It'll be even more of a nightmare if she actually IS writing another book.

Wouldn't surprise me. Once these 'faux' authors get the bit between their teeth, there's no stopping 'em after the debut novel ! they're all at it........ think only of Fern Britton, Dawn French, the awful Richard & Judy, Gloria Hunniford, and you'll never guess how many old Vorders has her name plastered on the cover !

Tee hee! I switched on to see the tsv as I was just curious to see if Tiffany style lamps would be as hideous as I feared they would be... And I thought I had mis-heard when Julia said that about her book...! Oh my! She said she couldn't buy anymore because she'd have to re-write it if she did.
I was just dumb-struck by the thought that anyone would want one of these monstrosities in their home let alone 29?!!
They're not cheap either. I just can't imagine what sort of home these would fit in
- No offence to anyone who finds them attractive, each to their own I suppose ;)
On the plus side the guest does seem like a lovely chap...

PS. As I type this, she's just plugged and shown the item number for the book at 1am... Apparently they're very low in stock!!

THE GUEST...creeps me out.Something of the night about that bloke.

The only 'Tiffany' lampshade I would consider having in my home, would be the rise/fall type over a dining table - where there would be good light over the eating area and the attractive stained glass shining above. I have many lamps around my home, but personally I find the 'Tiffany' ones too gloomy to be of any use - bugger the 'ambience', at my age I want to see what I'm doing and be able to read a book without squinting !

I really enjoy my Tiffany style lamps, including the ambiance and have no problem having plenty of light for reading or anything else.

I feel badly now (for 'dissing' the lamps that is, not for finding it incredulous that Julia has 29 of them and/or managed to write a chapter on them!!). Can see they may look nice/cosy in a period home or a little corner. Just not my kind of thang, that's all :)
Julia said she sees them as her personal decoration because she can't have any pictures etc on the walls - I think because their home must be a rental place - so I'll let her off a few lamps but NOT 29 ;)

I'm struggling to imagine HOW many power points are needed to accommodate 29 lamps. !!!!! and could you be a.....sed to go around turning them all off and on ?

Latest posts

Back