US Open Tennis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Begins later today and I'm already excited!! Go Nadal!! :muscle:

Danger men in the singles are Gulbis and Janowicz imo. Gulbis because he's unpredictable and fearless and can hit winners from anywhere on the court and Janowicz because of his monster serve.

Who's your pick??

Didn't Laura play well yesterday!! :up: And Daniel Evans was absolutely fantastic in his match with Nishikori and just blew him away!! :mysmilie_378: I like Dan a lot, he's a bit of a bad boy and a rebel but is sooooooo talented, but it needs to be reigned in by a good strong coach to make the very best of it and to stop DH going off the rails again.

Rafa :heart: was supreme in his match against Ryan Harrison and coped with his booming serve very well. He is playing as well as he ever has imho and his amazing resurgence this year and now this fantastic opening match on what was always considered to be his 'worst' surface must be putting the willies up Murray already lol. :mysmilie_62:

Dan Evan demolished his opponent!! Think he has reigned things in recently and has been really focusing on his tennis and training and it certainly paid off yesterday!!

Good to see Laura win as it was unknown how she'd be given the wrist injury she has had!

Just watching Rafa being interviewed on Sky. Is he starting to thin on top?

Loving Dan Evans doing so well. Not sure I'm going to be able to stay awake to watch him tonight though.

And for the first time (the first of many, I hope) in this thread, COME ON ANDY!!!!!!!

Hiya Lippy. :hi: Yes I've been thinking that about Rafa's barnet but trying to convince myself that it was just his parting looking a bit wider....:confused: Anyhow even if he is thinning a little on top he will always be gorjuss in my eyes. :heart:And he's playing amazingly well this year on the hard...even more aggressively and will be Murray's nemesis once again hopefully.

Dan is a joy to watch. So down to earth, a bit of a rough diamond but very talented and as Gitface is not interested in playing Davis Cup now he's got what he wanted DE is our big hope and he's always very proud to represent his country. Pity he lost in the 3rd round but he will have learnt loads from this experience to take him forward.

Did you see that big lump Williams thudding around the court in that bright red number last night?? :doh: I know she's got big knockers but I just don't see her as feminine at all. She's apparently having it off with her coach who's a skinny looking white guy, he must be a brave bloke imho to take that on!! :grin:

Wonderful win by Hewitt over Del Potro!! :rock: :clapping: I've always loved watching Leyton and it's fab he can still take out the best in the twighlight of his career and after so many injuries. Such a warrior. :happy:

How much longer do you think Fed will last?? He's got Robredo next who is playing very well atm so there could be a big upset coming imo.

Haha! It's a good thing that us girls can see past thinning hair, isn't it?

I'm not sure what to make of Dan Evans, to be honest. I'd love him to build on this, but there were so many errors in his third round match, as well as some very good play of course. I must admit to falling asleep during the match and I missed the very end too. Doesn't he rush around the court between points though? Maybe it's because he's not very tall and has to move his little legs more quickly. :)

I've not seen much of Serena so far, although I did think that Venus was looking good when she was watching her the other day.

I'm a fan of Del Potro but I did smile when I saw that Hewitt had beaten him. The two of them had quite a chat at the net at the end of the match from what I saw, and Lleyton's interview was a bit emotional too. Loved it.

I must admit I hadn't realised that Fed had dropped down to 7. I'm a big fan of his too, as you know. I think he maybe just wants to win one more slam before he retires. When you've been so good for so long, it must be really hard to accept that you're past your best. But then, it must also be really hard to give up while you're at the very top. It's a tough life being a multi-millionaire tennis player! Speaking of which, that match has just started.

Murray is playing in the next Davis Cup tie 13th-15th September.

Really enjoyed Dan Evan's matches.

Wasn't Nadal magnificent against Robredo last night!! :clapping: I watched Rafa whizz through the 1st set but at 2am I had to give in and go to sleep but was recording the match anyway and watched the rest this morning. :clapping: He's got Gasquet next who has been playing out of his skin but was pushed all the way by Ferrer so he's probably knackered, but imho he's no serious threat to Nadal anyway.

Murray could come a cropper against Wawrinka who's presently playing the best tennis of his career and has the better head to head record but I don't think he will beat Murray in a Slam but obviously I'll be cheerng for Stan.... :devil: Djokovic faces Youzny, I can't see that match going the distance but the Russian might take a set off Novak depending what mood he's in.

Nadal v Djokovic final. Rafa will win. :up:

What a load of crap that was. I can put that down to the fifth point in the first game, 30 all, and Murray had an open court and put the ball into the net. Nothing more to say on the matter really, apart from that I'm rather peed off.

Bit late to this thread lol but oh well I want Nadal to win the mens and Azerenka for the women . Murray played poorly today, I don't think he was ever going to win the title again anyway.

What a load of crap that was. I can put that down to the fifth point in the first game, 30 all, and Murray had an open court and put the ball into the net. Nothing more to say on the matter really, apart from that I'm rather peed off.

Never mind hon, Murray was never going to get past Rafa anyway. In fact Murray hasn't played well since Rafa has been back on the tour this year, the spectre of his nemesis has daunted him imho.

Bit late to this thread lol but oh well I want Nadal to win the mens and Azerenka for the women . Murray played poorly today, I don't think he was ever going to win the title again anyway.

Nadal was going to be the winner for me right from the start and unless he has a very bad day on Sunday he will lift the trophy again. What a stella year he's had since his return!!

Yes Murray was back to being a bad tempered obnoxiuos brat in this match. As soon as he smashed his racquet and started screaming at his hand I knew he'd lost the plot and would ultimately lose the match. Oh happy day lol. I don't like Azarenka but I will back her in favour of the Williams brother.

Booo Serena Williams wins again :down: However it was a pretty good match especially Azerenka's fight back in the second set . Looking forward to the mens final , just wish it wasn't on so late.

Men's final was fantastic!! :rock: :clapping: Rafa won the 1st set 6-4 quite easily after an early break but then Novak got his game on track and Rafa had a fight on his hands. Djokovic took the 2nd 6-3 and I was a tiny bit on edge at that stage knowing what a fighter Novak is. But 'my' boy :heart: fought back magnificently in the 3rd taking it 6-4 after being 2-0 down and he went on to absolutely crush Novak 6-1 in the 4th. What an incredible comeback Rafa's had this year and he's now back up to number 2 in the world but I'm sure it won't be too long before he reclaims the number 1 spot. :mysmilie_378:
I feel quite deflated now it's finished. :sad: But already looking forward to the end of year ATP champions tournament at the O2. :happy:

I enjoyed the Mens final however I thought the last set was alittle disappointing :down:. Well done too Nadal . I think Novak will be every disappointed with this year , im sure he will come back stronger next year.

Looking forward to the Australia open only 4mnths to go :doh:

Latest posts

Back