L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream Trio OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have fell out with l' occitane with the china business.Any good alternatives that are cruelty free ...thanks

I actually prefer the liz earle handcream using up my little freebie 30ml l'occitane ones first though

I tried it a few years ago jabba knowing my luck and liz earles track record the formula has changed

Ive ordered the OTO, there £19.50 each in the shops so a good buy I think :clapping:

my mum loves L'Occitane hand cream but perfers the smells to the original but this is what i mean everyone is different am tempted to get her to try the gatineau 400ml pump one QVC have for £35
SCW, try ebay for the gatineau 400ml pump, I bought mine for under £20, however, if it's just to try you can get a 75 ml size on QVC so it will be cheaper on postage to send back if your mum is not keen on it.

I've just started using the Liz Earle handcream (birthday gift) and its really good. I've never had a full size before and don't remember it being as good as it is. I've noticed I'm not using it as often as I would normally with the L'Occitane and Crabtree and Evelyn I've got "in stock" at the minute.

Nearly £45 for 3 tubes of hand cream. ****** ridiculous. I use Inecto coconut handcream from Savers / The Pound Shop. It is marvellous and very pleasant. I have no reason to spend vast amounts of money when a cheaper alternative not only does the job, it does it AMAZINGLY well. Some people have more money than sense, I think. In buying l'Occitane all you are doing is funding Alexith Murdoch's lavish lifestyle and displacing a whole heap or orang-utans when their palm trees are slashed to bits!

Here is the hand cream I'm talking about. Have used it for years and can swear to its effectivess and amazing coconutness:

http://3ate4-makeup.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/inecto-pure-coconut-oil-hand-nail-cream.html

Last edited:
The "more money than sense" comment is a little provocative given that we're buyers from shopping channels. Forumites can spend their money on what the hell they like! By all means recommend cheaper alternatives but please don't criticise other's shopping choices.

Thanks for that Julius. As Akimbo says its my money and I'll spend it how I please although I won't be buying this particular collection because I don't want or need it.

I cant use any of the lux skincare but I love l'occitane body creams and soaps,handwash, footcream and some of their perfumes, candles, room sprays. they last me ages a footcream lasts me 8/9 months as do the handwashes so are not that expensive in the long run and give me a lot of pleasure. we all have our pleasures. I don't buy ultra expensive clothes or handbags.

I find the L'Occitane hand creams to be too greasy... I found they just sat on my skin for ages.

I like the Leighton Denny one that came in a TSV a while ago... but my all time favourite is from Clarins.. a little goes a long way and I love it. I've used it for years and always go back to it.

When anyone asks for a clue about a pressie, Mr Tiddly is well briefed to tell them to get me this hand cream.

Have a sneaky try when you're next passing a Clarins counter and see what you think

P.S. - Julius - I work for my money... Sometimes I spend it on stuff that other people might disapprove of... My money, my choice!

Well I like my Inecto coconut hand cream! It is by far the best I have tried, Lol I just remembered why I lived in Paris there was a l'occitane store at La Défense. Me and my friend would go in there and get loads of freebies. One time they were giving away little 25ml bottles of liquid soaps - all different ones - and savonnettes - I got a bag full of them! :) Their products were ok when they were free! I'm sure their hand creams are fine, but since the coconut one is so excellent in every way I have no need for anything else!

I like the Leighton Denny one that came in a TSV a while ago... but my all time favourite is from Clarins.. a little goes a long way and I love it. I've used it for years and always go back to it.

When anyone asks for a clue about a pressie, Mr Tiddly is well briefed to tell them to get me this hand cream.

Have a sneaky try when you're next passing a Clarins counter and see what you think

P.S. - Julius - I work for my money... Sometimes I spend it on stuff that other people might disapprove of... My money, my choice![/QUOTE]

its horses for courses I suppose. most people are feeling the pinch. I cannot afford to buy everything lux. but a few body products bought half price makes me feel better.

I'm with you Tiddly. I love the Clarins handcream. And the LD one from the recent TSV. Think I actually managed to get that from someone here who bought the TSV but wasn't keen on the handcream. I don't often treat myself to the Clarins one but a friend often buys it for me for birthday or Christmas.

Latest posts

Back