Liz Earle Nail Polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`m allergic to nail polish so it will be interesting to see the ingredients in the LE polish. Clinique now do a nail polish for people who are sensitive to normal polish and there`s also another brand ( forget the name ) which was made without certain ingredients specifically for muslim women and that`s supposed to be good for people who are allergic too.
It would be nice to find a nail polish I could use and for years I was being treated for what the doctor said was dermatitis, blisters around my nails and painful cracks in the skin and it was only when i happened to see another doctor who said he thought it could be an allergy to nail polish it got better almost overnight as soon as I stopped using it and haven`t painted my nails since.

They smell the same as every other nail polish(yes I did open the bottle to sniff), as I was expecting for some strange reason they would be pleasant as Liz/Avon would have so many wonderful ingredients added to help your nails.:giggle:

I`m allergic to nail polish so it will be interesting to see the ingredients in the LE polish. Clinique now do a nail polish for people who are sensitive to normal polish and there`s also another brand ( forget the name ) which was made without certain ingredients specifically for muslim women and that`s supposed to be good for people who are allergic too.
It would be nice to find a nail polish I could use and for years I was being treated for what the doctor said was dermatitis, blisters around my nails and painful cracks in the skin and it was only when i happened to see another doctor who said he thought it could be an allergy to nail polish it got better almost overnight as soon as I stopped using it and haven`t painted my nails since.

Inglot made the nail polish for Muslim women, they have a very good range too.

Just seen on Wills blog that Liz Earle is bringing out Nail strengthening colours. The colours look ok but I wonder if they will just be Avon nail polish in Liz Earle packaging.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/wills-updates/

I thought exactly the same thing. I'm not convinced by the Liz Earle colour range at all, I love her skincare and swear by it, but I just think the colour range is Avon repackaged. I've also given Avon too many chances, been so disappointed with their eyeshadows etc, saying that though, their nail polishes are good and they have a range of magnetic polishes coming out, with magnets on wands and I am buying a couple of bottles of the gold, it's stunning! Unlike any other magnetic polishes I have seen, it's like gold foil. Their magnets are also good and strong, so you get a really good design.

Andrea Fulerton sells peel off nail polish in Superdrug. Both my sis and I have nail polish allergies and this works great. The colours are a bit blah, but if I'm really careful, I can get away with using them as a base coat and put normal polish on top. It doesn't last long - a day on fingers, up to a week on toes - but it allows me to have a bit of colour and when I'm done, peeling it off is very satisfying.

I've been trying to find a brand called Peelables (without luck) as they have peel off, too. Maybelline and Lancome both did peel offs with clear polish. This was fab as a base coat as it allowed me any colour on top.

The AF Britt is amazing under glitter polishes and a breeze to remove!

The nail polish Market is huge right now with even the most bizarre brands bringing out polishes, Crabtree & Evelyn and even John Lewis bringing out their own brand. Something like 20% of John Lewis beauty sales are nail polishes are they are a big player in beauty.

The makers of Cowshed are bringing out a new beauty brand called Cheeky where you will get a 20min file and polish for £12 and that includes a bottle of the polish to take home.

Just goes to show they must be cheap as chips to manufacture. Not much more than lighter fluid I would imagine. No much wonder all these brands are coming out with a range, just more mega bucks to rake-in.

Just seen on Wills blog that Liz Earle is bringing out Nail strengthening colours. The colours look ok but I wonder if they will just be Avon nail polish in Liz Earle packaging.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/wills-updates/

HA HA!!! I think they will be. I am actually very disappointed with the Liz Earle colours, wonder if they have taken their inspiration from the 80's? The colours of the nail polishes do seem ok though! I do think they are bringing out all sorts of crap now they are owned by Avon. That hair oil stuff is disgusting looks like you've stuck you head in a chip pan,and its not meant to be greasy.

Latest posts

Back