Elemis Radiance Balm - strong smell?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
Hi all,

I've been using a 15ml trial size I got in a kit and I abslutely love it as a makeup primer. I can really see the difference in my face when I've used it. BUT, it has a really strong herbal smell...almost to the point of being offputting which is a real shame because I'd love to buy a full sized tube. Has anyone else found this? I can't even identify the smell exactly but i know I've smelled it in other 'natural' products before and it put me off them too!

ta!

Tx

Smells can be very off putting. For some reason I hate the smell of orange and even though Origin Night A Mins was a great cream, I could not get passed the smell. Liz Earle's original face creams(the one with three choices), I hated the smell and couldn't use it.

The Elemis Balm does not bother me.

First thing I do when looking at at skin care is sniff it!!!! The new Elemis night cream smells of pineapple, which I thought okay but then I don't own it so no idea if it would annoy me over time.

I've had problems with the smell of some natural products. As mentioned by Donna, the LE creams have that awful smell that I can't get past. I'm wondering if it could be borage oil, as that seems to be in a lot of natural ranges. Whatever this ingredient is, it's truly nauseating when I've tried it on my skin.

Interesting - can't say I was ever a fan of the LE moisturisers either so I wonder if it is borage oil? I'm so disappointed as I was pleased with the product but that smell first thing in the morning is a bit much. Luckily I have a LG Champagne Spackle ready to go but I actually liked the Elemis even more than this! Shame.

I really like the smell of the LE moisturisers personally. I was gutted when after years of use my skin suddenly started reacting to Skin Repair, I really enjoyed smelling it as it went on. Ah well, each to their own.

I went off the LE moisturisers too. I think it's the sandalwood smell. I also found they left my skin feeling.....sweaty and suffocated. Maybe the light option would be better, but presumably it'd have that same cloying scent.

I'm trying out the divine cream by L'Occitane at the mo and whilst I love the texture (very Decleor) the unusual floral/herbal scent also has an air of a stale wet dishcloth about it.

The skin repair by LE is very strong. I remember Julia Roberts saying to Liz that it made a great foot cream. Liz's face was a picture. Showed what JR thinks of it! The Superskin moisturiser I can't stand the smell, rose hip oil, yuck! Can't understand how anyone can use it?

I hate the smell of the Elemis PCM cream which is just as well as it gives me red angry skin. I don't like the smell of Prai either, although some of the products are okay.

I'm trying out the divine cream by L'Occitane at the mo and whilst I love the texture (very Decleor) the unusual floral/herbal scent also has an air of a stale wet dishcloth about it.

The skin repair by LE is very strong. I remember Julia Roberts saying to Liz that it made a great foot cream. Liz's face was a picture. Showed what JR thinks of it! The Superskin moisturiser I can't stand the smell, rose hip oil, yuck! Can't understand how anyone can use it?

Hello, Thanks for your post. I was tempted to try the L'Occitane Immortelle POTM but aroma of stale dishcloth is quite a turn off !! You have saved me a few quid there :)

Inge x

I went off the LE moisturisers too. I think it's the sandalwood smell. I also found they left my skin feeling.....sweaty and suffocated. Maybe the light option would be better, but presumably it'd have that same cloying scent.

Like Goldie I'm a migraine sufferer and a major trigger for me is smells, so I have to be really careful what I use. Find a lot of moisturisers have very artificial, strong perfumes which make my head explode. I really liked the smell of the original LE moisturisers, but the Superskin smells very fishy and I couldn't bear that. After becoming a menopausal old crone I also found that using a cream made my skin feel sweaty and suffocated, and when LE she sold out to Avon I looked around for an alternative with a natural smell. Found Inlight Organics Night Balm, which I absolutely adore. Similar to Decleor Balm Essential from what I've seen of that on Q, you need the tiniest amount so a 60 ml jar lasts about a year, doesn't block the pores and make me sweaty and, best of all, the skin on my face is ultra-soft in the morning. My morning moisturiser is Inlight Organics facial oil - never thought I'd use an oil during the day but it sinks in really quickly and leaves the skin beautifully moisturised and not at all greasy. Also a very natural smell to their products and they're certified by Cruelty-Free International, so perfect for me. They do a Chocolate Face Mask to die for! Am now a total Inlight Organics convert.

Last edited:
Sorry to be off topic but just wanted to share that my husband suffered with chronic migraines several times a month until a sleep disorder was properly diagnosed and treated.His involved snoring/ not enough oxygen/ constant waking in the night. As soon as he received treatment, as if by magic the migraines all but disappeared. He has had just one migraine in 3 years which we think was stress related.

Latest posts

Back