Up Selling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
A few guests and presenters have used this term lately, the most recent being Marjolein when flogging an accessory for her pilates machine. It's a horrid word to use direct to we viewers, just jargon that should be confined to internal discussions about how to screw every last penny out of customers' wallets.

A few guests and presenters have used this term lately, the most recent being Marjolein when flogging an accessory for her pilates machine. It's a horrid word to use direct to we viewers, just jargon that should be confined to internal discussions about how to screw every last penny out of customers' wallets.

Perhaps but, frankly, they are not telling us anything of which we are not already aware. As in any sales role, upselling is an essential component of a successful sale. Retail businesses are, by their very nature, avaricious entities intent on persuading the customer to spend, spend, spend on any product they sell; whether they need it or not. If the customer is sucked in by the spiel, more fool them!

I got up sold sauce on a steak yesterday - an extra £2.50. Wasn't very happy but didn't complain.
I selected my choice but it was not available so I selected my second choice and she asked me what sauce I wanted and I told her she didn't say it was an extra cost. It was apparently in the menu but I hadn't read all the detail as I hadn't intended having it.

there is good better best but its up to you to know how much to spend. some things are worth the extra cost some are not

Latest posts

Back