Perricone TSV 09/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PerriCON oooh yeh let's charge people £176 for the same amino peptides that can be bough from Savers for £6! Am not a fan of this range! Always like to tune into the PerrCON hours though for a laugh! Bet it will be Jill Franks and that woman with the blonde hair. "Ooooh I simply could not LIVE without this!" Gasp! the results are gasp phenomenalgasp you simply have to gasp see them gasp to believe them gasp!

I tried the Cold Plasma when it first came out; whilst it did seem to refine my skin, by week 2, my skin was so parched it felt like a mask :sad: The cleanser has the same effect - the firming effects appear to be gotten by sucking all the hydration out of your skin!

dd

The only Perricone product I've tried is the finishing moisturiser (I think that's what it's called) I bought it as a BCC item but it's the only face product that has ever caused an instant irritation to my skin, and it's usually tough as old boots! Ofcourse I didn't return it but it clouded my judgement about the range. That, coupled with the fact that it seems soooooo flippin' complicated. There seem to be a huge range of pseudo-scientific sounding names which don't give any clues as to what they're for or when and how to apply them. I've tried listening to the hours but after a few minutes MEGO! (my eyes glaze over) and I miss whatever products would address my concerns, and the order in which to apply them.

The nearest I've got to using a complicated regime was Dr Denese, though her website at the time had easy to follow charts explaining the best order to apply, whether to use daily, nightly, weekly etc. Clientele used to have a similar layout for their product range.

Talking of Dr Denese, the range was allegedly pulled from QVC UK because the range being named after a doctor stretched the UK rules about "medical claims" too far, (although the Dr Denese range pulled out of the UK completely shortly afterwards). This suggestion falls flat because there are other Dr ranges on sale here in the UK.

The few snippets of Kara's (perricone bland ambassador) presentations, I did stay awake for, do seem to sail very close to medical claims to me! I wouldn't poo-poo anyone's choice to buy and use any range because I've tried plenty. Does anyone else find the whole plethora of products baffling?:thinking:

Has anyone else seen this? It might be worth a read if you are considering buying the product. I came across whilst looking for a picture of Mrs Perricone, as I thought she might be a good advert for the product.

http://www.world-wire.com/news/1001120001.html

Here is a quote from it:

Although Dr. Perricone touts his website as being the place where "you can get the information and inspiration you need to manage your looks, your health, your weight and your life," his cosmeceuticals are deceptively marketed as safe for the consumer. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Never tried this brand, so cannot comment on it's efficacy. I don't believe any skincare product can reverse any effects of ageing; I do feel they can make the best of what you have already got, which is why I follow a skincare routine. Out of interest, I would like to try Perricone but, due to the exorbitant prices, don't think I'll be doing this any time soon. The deep wrinkle serum is selling for £167.04 + £5.95 postage for a mere 30ml bottle. Yes, this guy does have MD after his name, but does that justify the cost of his product? He probably does work on the 'real housewives' brigade, ladies who have nothing better to do than paint their nails, have facials and plastic surgery. I wonder if he suggests to them that, instead of having invasive surgery, they use his products which are, apparently, miracle products? Somehow, I don't think so.

Are the customers who buy this range kinda getting conned, im a guy i have no interest in buying the products, but ended up watching the 10pm show last night with Jill mainly through boredom.

I found the guest very confusing. She was saying that the range, is close to stuff you can get from a pharmacy or something, if so why pay £138 pound something, what you could probably pick up 4 items on prescriptions for. Maybe she meant pharmacy by some other means, but couldnt really get what she was on about.

And touching on the price, the way Jill was saying, ooh this TSV makes this range available to anyone, does it at that price no.

Last edited:
I`ve never used this range and wouldn`t use it. I don`t believe the hype and as a person with very sensitive skin I find less is more when it comes to my skincare routine. I watched a programme a while ago where a Doctor put bog standard face cream into jars looking very similar to the Dr Perricone ones except his was called Dr Max face cream and he took them onto the streets asking women to test the cream. He told the women it was £300 a jar and they were oooohing and aaaaahing, singing its praises on texture, smell and moisturising until he came clean and told them the truth. I think a lot of cosmetic sales is simply psycho babble and brain washing, the placebo effect, if you use something and it makes you feel better about yourself then often you look better etc. We`ve all fallen for it but perhaps not to the tune of nigh on 200 quids worth says she who`se currently using a 99p pot of Astral lol

If youre happy with the stuff u use thats fine, cause if u think about it what yesterdays TSV cost, that would mean you could buy 140ish pots of Astral.

I watched an whole hours presentation of Perricone yesterday, and was still none the wiser, where as i can watch an Elemis, or Loccitanne hours, and understand what they mean.

Im a guy though so maybe thats why

I have tried the Nutrative cleanser and really like it and would buy it again, it is quick and easy and removes all traces makeup including eye.
I bought a small kit and liked that as well as a little goes a long way and lasts ages. I did not buy the Tsv due to the price but if i had the money i would buy this range as it suits my skin.

Latest posts

Back