Bored Beyond Belief

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Q uses celebrities because the public is celebrity obsessed ... look at all the magazines, 'reality' TV shows, gossip, what is considered news on the evening news shows, the list goes on what people mindlessly follow, read, purchase. Q takes their cue from the public's interest.

Im very bored of watching tedious presentations of over priced costume jewellery tat posing as pastiche christmas cracker fillers. Please Q realise that I will not 'jump on the phones for this amazing gifting solution'

I never buy jewellery as a gift unless it's a pandora charm for my mum or cufflinks for my husband. Something I know they want or like!

I do like a bit of eek though but I only own 5 pieces. 2 rings, one circle pendant, ine Ascher solitaire pendant and one pair of small solitaire earings. I wear them all every now and then but the circle pendant the most often.

I saw all of it online, none I saw presented on air. The diamonique theme days are boring. About 2/3rds of it was last clicks but not the circle pendant as it was exactly what I wanted.

I presume they must get significant sales from themed days otherwise they wouldn't keep doing them, but I don't get it myself. If they've got a varied schedule there's a chance (albeit slim since they have hardly any jewellery shows and I don't buy beauty stuff from qvc any more) that while channel hopping something on QVC might catch my eye leading to a purchase. Whereas if the Sky/TV schedule showed all day was craft, gardening or techie stuff there'd be no chance of me switching on QVC even for a second.

Latest posts

Back